News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post Funny Videos

Started by wolf39us, February 20, 2013, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

cgi kids movies just all look the same to me these days. The problem with it is they developed the detailing and smoothness so much, they all just look the same, at least when they were growing as an art form seemed they had different styles.

I can look at something like snow white, beauty and the beast, howls moving castle, and 101 dalmatians and the art style is unique enough to pop out. Modern cgi movies, not so much, because its less now about artists applying their art styles to paper, and now just about making it look good.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on April 15, 2018, 09:23:41 PM
cgi kids movies just all look the same to me these days. The problem with it is they developed the detailing and smoothness so much, they all just look the same, at least when they were growing as an art form seemed they had different styles.

I can look at something like snow white, beauty and the beast, howls moving castle, and 101 dalmatians and the art style is unique enough to pop out. Modern cgi movies, not so much, because its less now about artists applying their art styles to paper, and now just about making it look good.

Asian or Asian influenced cartoons (which go back to the 30s) are influenced by watercolor art.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on April 12, 2018, 07:48:57 PM
(...)

Physics only deals with simple artificial problems, chosen by people ... we arrange a physical simplicity, that we can write simple equations to calculate simple results to compare measurements with.  The people themselves are beyond any exact scientific description .. ghost in the machine aka an oracle (in terms of Turing machines).  Which is to say, reductionism ... arguing from atoms up to a person, is impossible to do in practice.
Just because something is unknown at present, doesn't mean it is always unknown - I don't think it is impossible to "argue" from atoms up to a person, just that's a monumental task.

As for reductionism, I don't see how using that process of thought invalidates it. It's merely taking things apart, viewing the component parts, and how they function, to try to "re-build" the thing to see how it functions as a whole.

Quote from: Baruch on April 12, 2018, 07:48:57 PMThe human produces the physics, the physics doesn't produce the human (other than god like hand waving that would make a theologian blush).  We arrange things to be comprehensible, and then claim that everything is comprehensible from that narrow view (arguing from a part of an elephant in the dark).  A semi-empirical circular argument.
What does that even mean? Either an argument is circular or it is not, I fail to see how anything can be in part circular.

Quote from: Baruch on April 12, 2018, 07:48:57 PMAnd we got away from the idea that since a computer can describe any function, we can easily produce a simulation where things fall up.  What you are claiming is that physical things can not produce non-physical results, but they obviously can (if we accept that the origin is physical in the first place).  I can use software to simulate any disallowed paradox ... not just a simple violation of gravity.  Computers produce inconsistent results all the time.  And people accept this, because garbage in, garbage out.  Well there really isn't a ghost in the machine, there are in fact men/women who produce the machine and the software ... and they are indirectly present.
Only insofar as the internal logic is consistent would things fall upwards, otherwise you'll get a run-time error.

The constituent parts all the way from a human down to single atoms is reducible to a wide range of functions, this is reductionism, but the whole doesn't have the same function as the parts, this is well known. These emergent properties of a whole from the parts isn't some nebulous thing arising ex nihilo, it's simple rules evolving into complex materia.

Unbeliever

Damn, them was some tough motherfuckers!  :shocked:
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 16, 2018, 01:46:44 PM
Damn, them was some tough motherfuckers!  :shocked:

Nobody messes with Super Chicken Little Man (my work nickname) ... not even Family Guy!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Sal1981 on April 16, 2018, 05:25:00 AM
Just because something is unknown at present, doesn't mean it is always unknown - I don't think it is impossible to "argue" from atoms up to a person, just that's a monumental task.

As for reductionism, I don't see how using that process of thought invalidates it. It's merely taking things apart, viewing the component parts, and how they function, to try to "re-build" the thing to see how it functions as a whole.
What does that even mean? Either an argument is circular or it is not, I fail to see how anything can be in part circular.
Only insofar as the internal logic is consistent would things fall upwards, otherwise you'll get a run-time error.

The constituent parts all the way from a human down to single atoms is reducible to a wide range of functions, this is reductionism, but the whole doesn't have the same function as the parts, this is well known. These emergent properties of a whole from the parts isn't some nebulous thing arising ex nihilo, it's simple rules evolving into complex materia.

We are talking past each other.  This was originally in reference to "actual simulations" not the notion that reality is a "simulation" was proposed by Drew_2017.

Well the dictionary is a complex web, more complicated than circular, but invalid for the same reasons why a circular argument is invalid.  Jargon, especially math jargon, is an attempt to escape from this.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

pr126

Baruch

This is why nobody should mess with the US, or invite us to parties!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

Pretty accurate about how out-of-touch advertisers are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG_i7oWzTyU

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

My Baby Boom generation was treated to the same fantasy, only 20th century style.  It may be a stereotype, but 21st century youth is ... a one time thing more or less, same as any other youth in any other century.

Advertisers aren't out of touch, they are practicing brain washing you, just as the politicians are doing (political marketing).  They will be successful getting you to believe that your collective conformity equals individual rebellion.  Freud's nephew said so.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.