Author Topic: Post Funny Videos  (Read 55074 times)

Offline Cavebear

Re: Post Funny Videos
« Reply #810 on: October 10, 2018, 02:06:58 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Videos for cats

I have the cat-sitter videos...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Offline Munch

« Reply #811 on: October 10, 2018, 02:07:57 PM »
Nobody is undermining sexual assault on men. What men go through when they're victimized is an entirely different situation. They're dismissed. People think men always want sex, and so can't be sexually assaulted. That is a real concern and should be discussed, but not as a way to shut down discussion about sexual assault on women.

and yet, thats pretty much what the joke there is, female officers shutting down or dismissing a man who was sexually assaulted. I happen to not find that funny anymore then someone making a sketch there the roles were be reversed. Such a sketch would create outrage anyway and get pulled.

Offline GSOgymrat

« Reply #812 on: October 10, 2018, 06:02:22 PM »
and yet, thats pretty much what the joke there is, female officers shutting down or dismissing a man who was sexually assaulted. I happen to not find that funny anymore then someone making a sketch there the roles were be reversed. Such a sketch would create outrage anyway and get pulled.

I'm not interpreting the skit in the same way. The man in the video wasn't sexually assaulted, he was robbed at knifepoint. This joke is about blaming the victim when an assault is sexual and how ridiculous it sounds to blame victims of other types of crimes, such as theft (by dressing "provocatively wealthy") or online harassment (what font did he use?). The joke would have still worked had the man been a woman who had been robbed, although not as pointedly because women are more frequently sexually assaulted. Another element of the joke is how the detective is androgynous and bland, lest s/he be accused of appearing in any way provocative. I see this skit as skewering attitudes toward sexual assault in general, for example, if a man is sexually assaulted by another man his sexual orientation is called into question: "Are you sure you're not gay? Were you acting in a feminine manner?"
“You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”

― Pema Chödrön

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk