News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post Funny Videos

Started by wolf39us, February 20, 2013, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 11, 2020, 06:33:25 PM
Yeah, but "Earth-like" only means they're small and rocky, doesn't even mean they have water, or are in habitable zones.

An estimated 300,000,000 planets are in their star's habitable zone in the Milky Way galaxy. Don't know how many of those have water, but with numbers that high...
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 11, 2020, 07:12:58 PM
And due to the limitations of our technology, we're much more likely to find "Earth-like" planets several times the size of Earth.

With shorter stronger beings ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Is there a thread for talk about the possibility of extraterrestrial life? I don't want to keep derailing this one. lol
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

I would love to see all the beach houses of the rich people go under ;-)  You already pay for their storm insurance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZQF83kf-a4

Time to develop some gills ;-))  Sounds fishy to me though ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 12, 2020, 02:57:40 AM
Is there a threat for talk about the possibility of extraterrestrial life? I don't want to keep derailing this one. lol
We could make one in the Science section.  It is a favorite topic of mine.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Companies should never offer games on platforms that can't run it decently.

Otherwise, a bunch of people buy it, say it runs like crap (it does, but it's not the devs' fault that the hardware isn't up to snuff), then the game gets review bombed by people who are understandably upset and they clamor for refunds.

Also, any game's minimum specs are meaningless and horribly misleading.  Imagine trying to fly a plane with the bare minimum of parts and fuel.  You could land successfully if you do everything correctly - maybe - but don't be surprised when it crashes.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 11, 2020, 07:15:54 PM
An estimated 300,000,000 planets are in their star's habitable zone in the Milky Way galaxy. Don't know how many of those have water, but with numbers that high...
I don't see those numbers as high, I think they'd have to be much higher for me to even notice them.

Mercury, Venus and Mars would all be considered "Earth-like" if they were orbiting another star - so would the Moon, if it were a planet.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 14, 2020, 08:50:40 PM

I don't see those numbers as high, I think they'd have to be much higher for me to even notice them.

Mercury, Venus and Mars would all be considered "Earth-like" if they were orbiting another star - so would the Moon, if it were a planet.

The Moon used to be a planet, until Chaz losers drove it into the ground (Earth).

@GSObymrat ... the fact that Dems support elitist leadership like the Washington Post, Amazon, Walmart, NYT is proof they can't even spell "Marxist" right, let alone do it right ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on December 14, 2020, 08:08:00 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9FGRkqUdf8

This video never fails to make me happy.

:rrotflmao: OMG... I haven't seen this before or I don't remember. I think he thinks a 3 meters rise is just going to make pople swim easier?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Noah had a solution for global warming ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.