News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post Funny Videos

Started by wolf39us, February 20, 2013, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on January 11, 2020, 11:11:42 PM
Agatha Christie wrote a series about the character.

Yes.  The question of detectives causing murders?  Sounds like a case for Hercule Poirot ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on January 12, 2020, 11:30:44 AM
Yes.  The question of detectives causing murders?  Sounds like a case for Hercule Poirot ;-)

It's more their presence, it's like seeing the video tape from the ring, if you see them coming to your town, there's a chance your be dead in 3 days.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on January 12, 2020, 11:30:44 AM

It's like firefighters starting fires - job security!  LOL
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

The detectives are catalysts.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

I just found it recently, and it's been growing in my estimation ever since!
God Not Found

Munch

sandi toksvig is okay, but I'll forever miss stephen fry. His charm and how he played off alan davies was highlight of the week for me sometimes. 
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

God Not Found

trdsf

I've been a fan of Sandi for ages, from The News Quiz and her guest spots on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue; if Stephen was going to leave QI, I don't think they could have chosen a better successor -- at the very least, I really can't think of anyone else they could've gone to.  And Bob knows dealing with Susan Calman on TNQ prepared her for dealing with Alan on QI.

I've always taken the replacement of an actor or chair or host or whatever phlegmatically, and prefer to appreciate them for what they bring, as long as it's not a total cock-up (like Stephen Fry or Rob Brydon hosting I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, which each did briefly before they settled on Jack Dee).  It's worked well enough for Doctor Who and MST3K.  The Grateful Dead chewed through keyboardists like Spinal Tap through drummers (no, really -- the only one still alive was only with them from like 1968 to 1969).  If I'd gotten hung up on "Doctor Who can only be Tom Baker!" or "Joel is the only host of MST3K!" or "The Dead without Keith sucks!" I would have missed a lot of really good stuff.

So I don't mind that Sandi has taken over the chair, much as I have always had a completely ridiculous crush on Stephen.  It's neither better nor worse, only different, and still one of the best things on TV.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Unbeliever

I'm just glad to know that such programming exists. TV for smart people! What a concept!
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 18, 2020, 01:28:50 PM
I'm just glad to know that such programming exists. TV for smart people! What a concept!

Like programming for Sasquatch?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?