Main Menu

Post Funny Videos

Started by wolf39us, February 20, 2013, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 05, 2019, 05:21:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpIJ6sD7-bI

Good Lord! Thank God I'm an atheist!
Secular Talk's take-away is that evangelical Christianity is on the decline and interest is dying out, even among the charalatans themselves.

That's true to some degree, but perversely, it's never had the sort of influence it has had in the past two decades.

And I've noticed more of this stuff firsthand (maybe I just noticed it less in the past?), and I've gotta say, it's a hell of a culture shock to go from fairly reliably secular surroundings to one of extremely right-wing Christianity.  You really get the impression that these people are a sermon away from eating grass or burning witches or whatever it is you want them to do.  Anything goes.  Quite the departure from the predictable rules of wider society.

Baruch

Hydra009 I assume unlike some others here, you never practiced Christianity, or didn't practice the Southern version of that?  In that case, it would be a strange experience for you.  Doesn't invalidate the experience of other people, even if it isn't your cup of tea.  For others, who have been in that culture, and escaped it, they have flashbacks ;-(

Cult behavior is odd, but it happens in secular formats too.

I don't approve of the whole smartphone culture, including when a pastor does it.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

All those people cuddling wild animals reptilian or mammal, treating them as pets in their homes... Don't you guys think it's ironic that we got back to the oldest form of natural selection after all that development, the accumulation of knowledge and information?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 06, 2019, 02:39:37 AM
All those people cuddling wild animals reptilian or mammal, treating them as pets in their homes... Don't you guys think it's ironic that we got back to the oldest form of natural selection after all that development, the accumulation of knowledge and information?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=musj7zr5Li4
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Aw, he is so cute. Iguanas are not wild animals. I was talking about people keeping wild animals as pets. If an animal doesn't have natural enemies other than an armed human being or a very few, it is not a good idea to treat it like a pet.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 06, 2019, 10:58:26 AM
Aw, he is so cute. Iguanas are not wild animals. I was talking about people keeping wild animals as pets. If an animal doesn't have natural enemies other than an armed human being or a very few, it is not a good idea to treat it like a pet.
Can you name the iguana in the first Terminator movie without checking the 'net?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Hell, I don't even remember an iguana in the 1st Terminator...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 06, 2019, 05:27:42 PM
Hell, I don't even remember an iguana in the 1st Terminator...
It was Sarah's. She found it on top of the fridge. Name was related to the Addams Family.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

OK, I'll take a guess:

Fester?
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Then I'm thinking Pugsley.
God Not Found

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found