News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post Funny Videos

Started by wolf39us, February 20, 2013, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 28, 2019, 01:45:31 AM
Things change.  We change.  Was never "for" war.  I consider it a massive tragedy.  Unfortunately, if you aren't ready to defend yourself, the bullies will take advantage of you.  They can't always be negotiated with.
True about bullies.  I learned that the hard way.  But I never considered my country to be a bully--quite the opposite.  Then college happened.  Started out to be an accountant, but ended up a historian.  Then graduated into the Army (was drafted, really) and became a Special Agent.  Learned from those two sources (college and Army), that as a country we are indeed a bully--and becoming more and more one.  But that is our tradition.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

So how does that 60s PTSD feel?  The current decade seems like a blast from the past, that I could have done without.  The Millennials talk about "tiggers" .. hah!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 29, 2019, 03:32:22 AM
So how does that 60s PTSD feel?  The current decade seems like a blast from the past, that I could have done without.  The Millennials talk about "tiggers" .. hah!
I liked the 60's.  Don't think I have any form of PTSD.  If I had had gone to Nam, I would have died--either actual death or a slow death of PTSD; lucked out and did not have to go.  Seems to me you chose to be bitter about not only the 60's, but about your entire life.  Your choice.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Munch

Mum was a teenager of the 60s, she spoke highly of it, the fashion, the care free nature of the time,  the growth of the post war era. Simplier but more chilled times
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on March 29, 2019, 10:41:21 AM
Mum was a teenager of the 60s, she spoke highly of it, the fashion, the care free nature of the time,  the growth of the post war era. Simplier but more chilled times

You didn't have an older brother/cousin drafted to Vietnam.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 29, 2019, 09:33:49 AM
I liked the 60's.  Don't think I have any form of PTSD.  If I had had gone to Nam, I would have died--either actual death or a slow death of PTSD; lucked out and did not have to go.  Seems to me you chose to be bitter about not only the 60's, but about your entire life.  Your choice.

Well there is my life ... but this is about going back and doing the 60s all over again.  No, not a decade I am proud of, but I was a kid.  Not responsible for that crap.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on March 29, 2019, 12:37:15 PM
You didn't have an older brother/cousin drafted to Vietnam.

Nope, but grandad in the second world war, lot of pride.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 28, 2019, 01:45:31 AM
Things change.  We change.  Was never "for" war.  I consider it a massive tragedy.  Unfortunately, if you aren't ready to defend yourself, the bullies will take advantage of you.  They can't always be negotiated with.

Si vis pacem, para bellum. This is why I learned martial arts, while being able to count on the fingers of one hand the number os fights I've been in during my life.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 29, 2019, 01:23:24 PM
Si vis pacem, para bellum. This is why I learned martial arts, while being able to count on the fingers of one hand the number os fights I've been in during my life.

As long as you weren't that famous military karate expert who knocked himself out, when he saluted ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

I never even hit myself when practicing my nun chucks.
God Not Found

Mike Cl

Quote from: Baruch on March 29, 2019, 12:38:35 PM
Well there is my life ... but this is about going back and doing the 60s all over again.  No, not a decade I am proud of, but I was a kid.  Not responsible for that crap.
So, tell me.  What decade are you responsible for??

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 29, 2019, 07:37:22 PM
I never even hit myself when practicing my nun chucks.

Ah, Nerf nun-chucks then ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 29, 2019, 11:12:40 PM
So, tell me.  What decade are you responsible for??

Ask Millennials aka put all Boomers in the death camps.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Baruch on March 30, 2019, 12:32:59 AM
Ah, Nerf nun-chucks then ;-)
Nah, I had a book that taught me to go very slow and steady. I made a pair out of oak, with copper end caps. It's really a great upper body workout. Contrary to martial arts movies, speed isn't really the essential thing.
God Not Found

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 30, 2019, 01:40:27 PM
Nah, I had a book that taught me to go very slow and steady. I made a pair out of oak, with copper end caps. It's really a great upper body workout. Contrary to martial arts movies, speed isn't really the essential thing.

Never got to take Judo or European style fencing or Kendo.  Daughter got to take Karate for awhile, until her body stopped cooperating.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.