Author Topic: Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux  (Read 621470 times)

Re: Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux
« Reply #7920 on: June 03, 2020, 09:41:18 AM »
My kingdom for imgfit.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline Hydra009

« Reply #7921 on: June 03, 2020, 12:41:22 PM »
My kingdom for imgfit.
Yeah, what's up with that?  I find if I post images from my phone, they're positively gigantic on this forum.  So I have to hop on my desktop to reverse image search a smaller replacement.

Previously, I could just post whatever and the forum software would make it fit.  That was a super nice feature.  Is there a way to get it back?

Offline Baruch

« Reply #7922 on: June 03, 2020, 01:46:57 PM »
Yeah, what's up with that?  I find if I post images from my phone, they're positively gigantic on this forum.  So I have to hop on my desktop to reverse image search a smaller replacement.

Previously, I could just post whatever and the forum software would make it fit.  That was a super nice feature.  Is there a way to get it back?

I opened the included picture as a separate window, and my browser took care of sizing.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ ła’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

« Reply #7923 on: June 03, 2020, 02:23:29 PM »
I opened the included picture as a separate window, and my browser took care of sizing.
Sometimes. Still a pita.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #7924 on: June 03, 2020, 03:08:15 PM »
I like this assumption that the only people who believe in evolution are atheists.

Do you guys remember the religious nut who kept posting home made 'human evolution tree' maps with pasted bible figures' names on them yeeears ago? (Not Joseph.) I can't remember his nick.
'the wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. so while ı was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun.’ - lu-tze

« Reply #7925 on: June 03, 2020, 03:18:11 PM »
Do you guys remember the religious nut who kept posting home made 'human evolution tree' maps with pasted bible figures' names on them yeeears ago? (Not Joseph.) I can't remember his nick.

Don't think I was here for that. Sounds hilarious.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #7926 on: June 03, 2020, 03:28:44 PM »
That's really the root assumption holding the whole thing together.  If evolution is no longer viewed as a threat to religion or as a competing religion, creationsts no longer have a vested interest in denying it.

On the assumption of how reasonable and rational creationists are? There are countless creationists, religious people who deny not just evolution, tons of other scientific facts used in technology but enjoy their fruits in daily life to the fullest.

For example, they define quantum physics, LHC experiements as playing god/challenging god and condemn it as blasphemy, but they've been using all the products that comes out of nanotehcnology. MRs, smartphones...all kinds of high tech gadgets.

It's never been a threat to them. Their agenda is about identity, politics. There is a difference between rhetorics, propaganda and real life. And they know this pretty well. We just keep underestimating them.

'the wise man does not seek enlightenment, he waits for it. so while ı was waiting, it occurred to me that seeking perplexity might be more fun.’ - lu-tze

Offline drunkenshoe

« Reply #7927 on: June 03, 2020, 03:34:06 PM »
Don't think I was here for that. Sounds hilarious.

LOL Yeah. I'll never forget him. That was educating for me. That and a man in the old, big physics forum who wrote pages and pages and pages trying to prove in detail, how all dino fossils were faked and burried by Jewish people. Gawd. That was my first experience with that kind of crazy. I didn't even know then that it was a common thing. Those Jews and their dinosaurs. Ah...I almost miss those people.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 03:40:36 PM by drunkenshoe »