New to me Psuedoscience -> Zyto Compass

Started by kilodelta, July 07, 2014, 11:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilodelta

This video was posted on Facebook: (She was happy that she was able to sell her product based on the compass's readings...)

Here's a refute: http://www.devicewatch.org/reports/zyto/overview.shtml

"The strangest statement I have seen about ZYTO devices appears on its commonly asked questions page:

Q. Are the results reproducible?

A. No. In fact we do not expect them to be. In quantum physics this is referred to as quantum indeterminacy in which the observation or measurement itself affects the results. In effect, we have asked the body a question, received the response, and the body's energy has shifted in doing so. However, this does tell us that the first question yields the most accurate response because the body's energy has not yet changed as a result of the question-response event [7]."

I don't know anything about quantum physics. But, this is obviously bullshit. Non-reproducibility in a measurement device is bat-shit insane. How could they even make recommendations on any reading without being able to reproduce it? They can't.

I can't find anything valid that supports it. This compass thingy is part of a multilevel marketing racket too... I reminds me of the Scientology e-meter.

Personally, I would rather spend my money on getting mimes to perform the "The Contest" episode of Seinfeld.

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

stromboli

Yeah, its BS. These types of "devices" have been hyped off and on for decades. Stuff like copper bracelets and homeopathic medicines.