"Rolling Coal" Truck "Enhancement"

Started by Shiranu, July 07, 2014, 01:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

I want to live up to the MLK quote in my signature, but I kinda wouldn't be sad to see these assholes die of lung cancer because of this stupid shit.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

robert04330

would not want to be stuck behind that on a high way
I HAVE CANDY

AllPurposeAtheist

It's not the same truck..  Probably diesel engines and 40 yrs ago wasn't at all uncommon to see big black clouds everywhere. Now it's like an automatic emissions violation..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Wow!  And I though low ridin' was silly.  This is stupid, offensive, and silly.  It would be a lot cheaper to get a tattoo on your face that says, "I'm a jerk."

stromboli

"visible emissions" from a diesel isn't the same as pollution. This obviously is, however.

Solitary

:wtff: Why is it when people do stupid shit they are idiotically cheerful---I answered my own question.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Well, the good news is an engine with that much oil washing up through the cylinders won't last long..

SGOS

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 07, 2014, 11:21:11 AM
Well, the good news is an engine with that much oil washing up through the cylinders won't last long..
I read another article about coal rolling pickups yesterday.  The article claimed it's a protest against Obama for his environmental policies.  Although, the only environmental thing I can think of that he's done is that national monument in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.  Although, in the link provided it appears it's for blasting soot on bike riders and pedestrians, as a way of saying, "Fuck you.  I'm a Muircan, and I drive me a big ass pickup, and anyone walkin' or peddlin' a bike is a pussy."

Incidentally, I also read that the coal rolling equipment injects extra fuel into the carburetor.  Apparently, it's just wasted fuel, which is always a good thing if you want to be an asshole and you can't afford a Humvee.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Shiranu on July 07, 2014, 01:19:35 AM
I want to live up to the MLK quote in my signature,

The one with the typo?

AllPurposeAtheist

AllPurposeAtheist

SGOS.. I don't know that just being an asshole is a legitimate form of protest protected under constitutional guarantee.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 07, 2014, 12:16:21 PM
:sad2: So this is an enhancement for what exactly?

"Rolling Coal" is nothing more than a way to get tremendous amounts of horsepower and torque out of the standard diesel engine. The black smoke comes from running the engine at an extremely rich levels of fuel to air ratios.

The good news is that these asshats are burning up their engines faster than they are burning fuel.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.