Author Topic: Google Glass Promo Video  (Read 2272 times)

Google Glass Promo Video
« on: February 20, 2013, 12:01:53 PM »
[youtube:4oml0wrk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BTCoT8ajbI[/youtube:4oml0wrk]

Well, I'm one of those people who has always wanted a computer strapped to his head, but what do you think of this?
Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:38:05 PM »
Looks cool, I wonder how that'd work for people that wear glasses already though.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Offline Plu

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 05:53:47 PM »
If this works as well as displayed here, I might have to actually upgrade to a smartphone.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 08:49:58 PM »
They should call them Darwin glasses.

Re:
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 08:59:44 PM »
Quote from: "NitzWalsh"
Looks cool, I wonder how that'd work for people that wear glasses already though.
That's what I was thinking. Someday when I'm rich, I'll get lasik and these haha :mrgreen:

Re: Re:
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 01:39:39 AM »
Quote from: "BlackL1ght"
Quote from: "NitzWalsh"
That's what I was thinking. Someday when I'm rich, I'll get lasik and these haha :mrgreen:

A friend of mine had that done, so I convinced her that after 30 years your eyes fall out. Eventually I had to tell her that it was a joke from the Simpson's so she wouldn't worry so much.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 01:42:48 AM »
I had LASIK in 2000, eyes are still fine today.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia von Zurich (formerly a Goldwater Conservative) endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2016 Presidential election!

Offline Shiranu

Re: Google Glass Promo Video
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 03:52:37 AM »
Looks cool, if I had the money I would get.
“And, for an instant, she stared directly into those soft blue eyes and knew, with an instinctive mammalian certainty, that the exceedingly rich were no longer even remotely human.” - William Gibson, "Count Zero"

A si i-Dhúath ú-orthor. Ú or le a ú or nin.

Offline NeoLogic26

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2013, 04:23:55 AM »
Looks cool, but call me when they can implant that in my eye or give me a bionic eye that can do that and see infrared.
"For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline DunkleSeele

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 05:51:42 AM »
It reminds me this:

[youtube:11b1qjev]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyPJBJCU28I[/youtube:11b1qjev]

Re:
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 11:17:56 PM »
Quote from: "NeoLogic26"
Looks cool, but call me when they can implant that in my eye or give me a bionic eye that can do that and see infrared.

I'm pretty sure the same people working on Google Glass were able to fit electronics into a contact lens recently, so it may be coming sooner than we think.

Re: Google Glass Promo Video
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 11:21:57 PM »
Quote from: "Shiranu"
Looks cool, if I had the money I would get.
I don't think they'll be all that expensive. I'd put it at a high of $300. When you break it down, it's a camera, a tiny screen, a headphone and a small touchpad. So, when you compare with the Nexus 7 ($200), and google's business strategy with this kind of thing, and you get something that's pretty cheap and pretty awesome.

Offline Plu

(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 02:04:37 AM »

So I guess another decade or so and you can get google eye implants. Maybe two decades.

Re:
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 03:22:37 AM »
Quote from: "Plu"

So I guess another decade or so and you can get google eye implants. Maybe two decades.
Now THAT deserves a thread of its own. Nice find!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk