News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Believe it Or Die

Started by MagetheEntertainer, October 04, 2014, 10:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagetheEntertainer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqEcJGXebrE&list=UU7YOGHUfC1Tb6E4pudI9STA

This is my first time on camera!  I'm still working on the lighting, encoding, and overall quality control with my camera so my next few vids might not be of best quality like this one.  But hopefully my awkward "first times on camera" will be short lived and soon second nature.

Munch

thats you? Coooool, your cute.

but to the point, trying to apply symbolism with people who murder if you so much as mention its prophets name, well, you have more chance of surviving walking into a school holding a gun over your head.
Its surprising to hear you were taught that the bible stories were just symbolism and metaphorical, usually, depending on where in the world, people will believe the bible to be absolute, to... building a replica of noahs arch..
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

I say we test it.. Take anyone who believes the whale story and literally feed them to an Orca.. After 3 days, maybe even a week we cut open the orca and welcome them back to the living if they're still indeed alive.. AND put the whole thing on national TV from start to finish..
Now if anyone doubts the story just wait till Mr I got eaten by a whale pops right out and sings God Bless America..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

I must say thats actually quite refreshing to hear that your priest told you that.
Do you ever wonder if you didn't have such a more open minded priest as him if you'd have not become atheist yet?

If all religion was based upon was symbolism to our real lives and how the stories could teach us about ourselves (not that I want to have the bible or quran being the standard for that given what it teaches) then maybe, kind of like Buddhism, religion wouldn't be a problem in the world. Kind of like how people claim to follow the jedi code, they know its all myth, but follow conduct in it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

MagetheEntertainer

Quote from: Munch on October 04, 2014, 01:02:28 PM
I must say thats actually quite refreshing to hear that your priest told you that.
Do you ever wonder if you didn't have such a more open minded priest as him if you'd have not become atheist yet?

If all religion was based upon was symbolism to our real lives and how the stories could teach us about ourselves (not that I want to have the bible or quran being the standard for that given what it teaches) then maybe, kind of like Buddhism, religion wouldn't be a problem in the world. Kind of like how people claim to follow the jedi code, they know its all myth, but follow conduct in it.

I'd say the main reason I became an Atheist was because it was forced upon me, I had to go to church about 3 times a week most of the time, and I generally just don't like authority or being told to do something "because I said so" which lead me to doing some research and now here we are :D