News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

This Girl Doesn't Believe in the Moon

Started by MagetheEntertainer, August 02, 2014, 02:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagetheEntertainer

I'm sure that some of you who are avid watchers of atheist videos have heard about this, but for those of you who haven't the title says it all, there is a girl out there who doesn't believe in the moon and she basis this lack of belief in an object that we have been to on the bible.  Here's the video to my full coverage of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfygEB2BIz4&list=UU7YOGHUfC1Tb6E4pudI9STA

Nam

THE MOON IS A FLASHLIGHT! JESUS IS HOLDING A TORCH SO WE CAN SEE AT NIGHT!!!

And...idiots.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Hydra009

I can't help but think that the whole "I don't believe X, I believe Y with basically no justification" thing would work a lot better in religion than science.  Looks like she stepped a little out of her comfort zone.

Nam

She's watched "It's a Wonderful Life" too many times.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Nam on August 02, 2014, 10:04:05 PM
THE MOON IS A FLASHLIGHT! JESUS IS HOLDING A TORCH SO WE CAN SEE AT NIGHT!!!

And...idiots.

-Nam
And when the Moon isn't out at night, or out in the daytime...?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

RichTC

WTF? It is really scary that these people are out there. There is no reasoning with her because rational thought does not figure into her belief system at all. She should be in a rubber padded room.
RichTC
"We read the pagan sacred books with profit and delight. With myth and fable we are ever charmed, and find a pleasure in the endless repetition of the beautiful, poetic, and absurd." - RG Ingersoll

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: RichTC on August 03, 2014, 08:00:08 AM
WTF? It is really scary that these people are out there. There is no reasoning with her because rational thought does not figure into her belief system at all. She should be in a rubber padded room.
There's a reason the original authors of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual exempted "religious belief" from "delusional behaviour".
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

the_antithesis

Quote from: RichTC on August 03, 2014, 08:00:08 AM

Bet she puts out, though.

the_antithesis

Applooza

Is she hot and is the moon made out of cheese?. Those are the real questions.

SGOS

Many years ago, I read a sci fi short story about the first manned mission to the other side of the moon.  It turns out the moon was nothing more than a flat circular disk like a billboard, held up with a complicated structure of wooden bracing behind it.  No one in the scientific community could explain it.