Is After-Life possible Atheistically?

Started by flippingboats, July 05, 2014, 01:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Timothy Leary's brother, Really Leary said when you die your soul goes to a garage in Buffalo.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Nam

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 05, 2014, 08:06:24 PM
Timothy Leary's brother, Really Leary said when you die your soul goes to a garage in Buffalo.

Mine goes to a garbage can at an old folks home/brothel.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

flippingboats

I believe that we are the universe, since we are made out of matter from the universe and energy from it as well (energy forms matter). So I would argue that consciousness we have is in fact the same kind of thing that is throughout the universe, I believe it happened t appear at the same time as the bigbang, or maybe it was even before that on the multiverse scale? We seem like we are the universe becoming observing itself, the same way we can observe our brains.

Here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UfNLmLBoNA

aitm

ah......the grandness of arrogance exemplified. We are the universe, because.....well......we WANT to be...cause otherwise..we're just...nothings and that kinda sucks.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Nam

Quote from: aitm on July 05, 2014, 10:37:15 PM
ah......the grandness of arrogance exemplified. We are the universe, because.....well......we WANT to be...cause otherwise..we're just...nothings and that kinda sucks.

I ain't gonna be nuthin':when I die, i'm gonna be sumthin'...a corpse!

Booyah!

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

stromboli

Here is my afterlife wish list:

1. Riverworld
2. Valhalla
3. Reincarnating as a Brad Pitt lookalike with parents that shit money every time they fart

4. D double dead with nothing not nothing happening just me being ashes dissolving in the Snake River.

Hakurei Reimu

It may be the afterlife is reserved for atheists.

Angel: "More angel food cake?"

Atheist: "Sod off!"

(I got this joke from an episode of QI.)
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

doorknob

I don't believe in an after life. I think our life essence or energy simply transfers to something else. Not like reincarnation more like recycling.

Solitary

The things that make us are immortal, but we are not, because because we deteriorate and die. Our energy will survive, but that is not who we are, we a greater than the sum of our parts, but nevertheless we are required to have the physical parts to exist. Who we are is physical, but who we think we are is an allusion from being composed of trillion of living things functioning---cells. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.