News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Nymphomaniac Movie

Started by Solitary, July 03, 2014, 12:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frosty

Quote from: 10 Green Bottles..... on July 03, 2014, 08:16:46 PM

So you are such a juvenile little bitch that I can just keep replying, and you will also keep replying just to prove a point about how you don't care? Loooool, faulty logic FTW. This is going to be hilarious. I can keep goading you into a response and you don't have the ability to resist it, it's like tempting a 5 year old with candy. This is hilarious.

Now, at least Shiranu seems to very well understand the addiction/sickness factor. Speaking for myself, I do not wish to take a moral stance on this whole issue. But at least he gets that this type of stuff is not always as it's portrayed. Religious people say it's a sin, anti-religious/hedonists/whatever say it's awesome and amazing, everybody is stupid. Seriously. Your body is not meant to have vicious sex 20,000 times. As culture changes, so does therapy and it's methods, and I sincerely hope that the waves are not shifting to seeing nymphomania as some type of positive benefit. These people need help, I've researched this topic myself. Encouraging them to keep destroying themselves is irresponsible.

Quote from: Aroura33 on July 03, 2014, 11:21:24 PM
Some people get offended just too damn easily, lol.  Me included.

What? I didn't get offended. I was just talking about an issue, and trying to correct some things. I have a distaste for hearing the things I confronted, but that's doesn't mean I was offended, I adapted to the Internet and it's mighty ways many moons ago.

Aroura33

Quote from: frosty on July 04, 2014, 12:03:32 AM
What? I didn't get offended. I was just talking about an issue, and trying to correct some things. I have a distaste for hearing the things I confronted, but that's doesn't mean I was offended, I adapted to the Internet and it's mighty ways many moons ago.

That comment was absolutely NOT directed at you.  Sorry if you misunderstood.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

stromboli

I defer to women on issues dealing with women because they are women and we aren't. Silly me. And you are right, we live in a society that makes men studs and women sluts and it is ludicrous, to say the least. I have known men who had an insatiable ego driven need to sleep with women. I did not like those men and they were at heart destructive, misogynistic and cynical people.

I have never known a nymphomaniac, but have known women who were unfairly labeled and unfairly ridiculed for their perceived sexual proclivities, most of which were probably the invention of some man in the first place. The double standard is still very much in place. Sad.

SGOS

I've probably known as many women that were wildly sexually active as I have known men who were wildly sexually active.  Not that more men don't wish they could be that way, but not everyone is so fortunate.  I suppose some men and women would look at sexually active women and call them sluts.  I don't, nor do I disapprove of their sexual experience.  Nor do I think wildly sexually active men are great studs.  So when I look at these social stereotypes, I actually wonder, and wonder about it a lot.  Who perpetuates these stereotypes, and for what purpose?  Do the stereotypes actually exist to the extent that people deplore them so much, and if people deplore them, then why do the stereotypes even exist?  Be they men or women, is there any logical reason to pass judgment, either favorably or unfavorably, on people that have a lot of sex with a lot of partners?

Sometimes I just want to call horseshit on the perception of society being so full of shit.  Almost as if there is a stereotype of society that spends major amounts of energy making up stereotypes.  Sure, there's a bunch of Christians and Muslims out there that condemn half of everything that goes on around them, so yeah there's probably a bunch of judgmental pricks perpetuating the stereotypes, but I don't give a shit about their obsession with other people's sex and I disregard their bullshit as irrelevant.

But here's the thing.  You don't have to go around pissing and moaning about society (that's all men and women that makes up society) perpetuating the double standard at issue here.  There is a certain subset of society that perpetuates the stereotypes that create the double standards, and the label I use to identify this subset is "the assholes" and the older I get, the more I ignore them.  They contribute little of value, and they don't reflect my thoughts, as well as the thoughts of a Hell of a lot of other people.

aitm

back to the movie,,is there any fuckin in it? Cause I ain't wasting time on some psyco-babble bullshit...she doesn't look that attractive but hey, any sex scenes?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

How can something that doesn't give pleasure become an addiction? If it does, it is not an addiction, but a quest for pleasure that can't be had, which is an addictive personality from other causes than pleasure, like quilt for wanting pleasure from what is normal that one is taught is wrong. Many religious people flagellate themselves to make them selves pure in the eyes of the Lord from puritan ethics. People are reacting to this movie emotionally, instead of understanding the points it makes about ones upbringing. This movie also shows we don't make choices from free will, but upbringing and inheritance. The man that was a pedophile didn't act on it because he knew it was wrong, but he couldn't help he was one anymore than anyone can that is considered normal. All the people in the movie were acting the way they were for the same reasons the girl was. From their natural desires and nature. Why is it that we judge people that are different than we are, was the point of the movie, and the responses here show it is true even among atheists that are different than most people, and why we are judged by them. "We have met the enemy and it is us." Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Solitary

Quote from: aitm on July 04, 2014, 10:36:32 AM
back to the movie,,is there any fuckin in it? Cause I ain't wasting time on some psyco-babble bullshit...she doesn't look that attractive but hey, any sex scenes?

"YES"  It shows what goes on behind closed doors, from S&M, pedophilia, anal, blowjobs, prefrontal epilepsy orgasms, etc. The younger girl is not that unattractive, and frigid trying to have orgasms anyway she can. It's not a movie for every ones tastes, and that is an understatement. It's like taking the girl with the dragon tattoo to more extremes and deviant behavior. There are very interesting points it makes if you think about it instead of reacting to it. If you a racist you won't like it. As has been said here, most people will just be shocked and offended. I'm used to way worse than what this movie shows from things I've seen and experienced in my life time. I earned my PTSD. Solitary

Green Bottle

Solitary, about what happened yesterday, this thread was hijacked for a wee while an it was partly my fault so i apologise mate, i stupidly allowed myself to get drawn into a daft argument over fk all , wont happen again.. :wall:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Solitary

Quote from: 10 Green Bottles..... on July 04, 2014, 11:13:02 AM
Solitary, about what happened yesterday, this thread was hijacked for a wee while an it was partly my fault so i apologise mate, i stupidly allowed myself to get drawn into a daft argument over fk all , wont happen again.. :wall:
So it was you! He! He! I didn't even notice. May 10,000 fleas infest your arm pits! That movie has created a shit storm everywhere. It touches a nerve with everyone, including me, but it is a movie to think about to enjoy. It is really over the top. No problem here, you are one of my favorites on the forum. Solitary

Green Bottle

Cheers man , an ur rite about this film, iv'e had a wee peek at the trailers an no sex there , bstrd, anyhow , the argument i had was wi frosty when he said somethin to shoe an i just suggested that he shd apologise an he wouldnt so it went from there. gettin bk to this movie i havent seen it advertised anywhere else online except here, mibbe im not looking hard enuff but aye , controversial isnt the word........ :pidu:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

frosty

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 04, 2014, 04:24:58 AM
It was derailed by frosty, who got offended by something because he didn't understand it. Sorry to disappoint you and your 'issue' that you are supposedly posting for.

Nope, you just didn't like being called out on something like this. You are accustomed to other people letting your comments slide, it's not going to happen with me. I won't stand for such behaviour.

Just for the record, it's frosty who got offended for no reason.

Not true. I've already explained my stance in great detail here, and tried to be as least offensive as possible. I also don't get why you are being rude to Aroura for, this is getting ridiculous. I do not accept you calling males brutal animals and other offensive things for no reason. Other people on this forum might find it cute, but I don't. In fact I find it appalling. For the record I'm not offended emotionally but I have a general distaste for hearing such abusive things in a forum like this one.

Shiranu

At risk of continuing the shit storm (which doesn't particularly seem ended)... saying that male culture can be brutal towards women is simply a matter of fact. You can be offended by that all you want, but that doesn't make it any less a reality.

Saying that doesn't mean I therefor assume you are a brutal animal, nor that every man I meet my first thought is that he must be terrible towards women, but it does mean I recognize it as a problem within the male community around the world.

Taking that as something offensive is far more distasteful to me than simply pointing out a reality.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

frosty

Quote from: Shiranu on July 04, 2014, 02:01:55 PM
At risk of continuing the shit storm (which doesn't particularly seem ended)... saying that male culture can be brutal towards women is simply a matter of fact. You can be offended by that all you want, but that doesn't make it any less a reality.

Say that doesn't mean I therefor assume you are a brutal animal, nor that every man I meet my first thought is that he must be terrible towards women, but it does mean I recognize it as a problem within the male community around the world.

Taking that as something offensive is far more distasteful to me than simply pointing out a reality.

Of course it's a reality. I'm very well aware of that. But I oppose a tolerated culture of bashing males simply because they were born a certain gender they did not choose. And then there's this explanation you're reading right now. Why should I be ashamed to be a male? I shouldn't and I'm not. If someone calls me an animal based on a stereotypical image of my gender in their head, I will confront them about it. I'm not going to budge and start bowing down to people just because of my gender.

Despite what any users here think of me and what I say, I have absolutely no guilt or shame for the position I am taking. I abhorrently oppose violence against females, but I won't tolerate being gravely disrespected for who I am - and I'll confront such attitudes wherever I go. If anybody doesn't like that, well too bad. 

Shiranu

She never said that, or implied, that you should feel that way.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

frosty

Quote from: Shiranu on July 04, 2014, 02:12:43 PM
She never said that, or implied, that you should feel that way.

They have implied it before. So have other so called 'feminists'. Not all of them of course, I have a high regard for classical feminism. Whether they imply it or not, it's just not going to happen. I refuse to accept such platitudes. What would happen if I were to take what they said, and switch 'males' for 'females'? The entire forum would have come down on my head by now.

And before people start taking cheap shots at me, remember that a few females close to me have been the subject of violence by males before. Still, that doesn't mean I will crawl on my hands and knees for my gender. It. Won't. Happen.