News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Nymphomaniac Movie

Started by Solitary, July 03, 2014, 12:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

A two part movie that is so interesting and has great factoids. It is the first movie I have that shows dying and death the way it is from delirium tremens and a stroke. A really different kind of movie that I thought was as good as The Girl with the Dragon tattoo. I don't think the uptight religious puritans would like it, and it is probably banned by the Church.

http://youtu.be/IqaMPZZhNn8
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

frosty

I have personally witnessed many people across the spectrum denounce this movie. All types of people. They think it's vile, disgusting and distasteful. So yeah, you can imagine what hardcore Christians would think of this...

stromboli

Quote from: frosty on July 03, 2014, 03:19:17 AM
I have personally witnessed many people across the spectrum denounce this movie. All types of people. They think it's vile, disgusting and distasteful. So yeah, you can imagine what hardcore Christians would think of this...

In other words, pretty much a must-see.

frosty

Quote from: stromboli on July 03, 2014, 03:23:27 AM
In other words, pretty much a must-see.

I just never noticed such repulsion from a broad spectrum of people like that before. It's not often I see Atheists/Agnostics, Christians and New Agers all agreeing in unison on a moral issue.

SGOS

The critics at Rotten Tomatoes mostly liked it (75%).  I get the impression it's thought provoking.  It hasn't showed up at any theaters around here, which is no surprise.  I haven't seen it listed within 100 miles of where I live.  There is a quirky out of the way theater that shows films rejected by the mega theater chains about 90 miles from here.  I don't check their listings every week.  It may have played there.  I will definitely see it if I can find it.

It reminds me of a movie called Secretary, which is also somewhat disturbing, but I found it very thought provoking.  One of my liberal friends saw it and it upset him.

Solitary

Of course most people in the United States wouldn't like it, because it is realistic and gritty. We are such anti sex for women here. If you have ever lived on the streets you would not realize this goes on everyday. I had an argument with a group of girls at art school that were coming down on men because they were so promiscuous. I asked them if woman are like that too. They told me, "no!" I said, "in other words a few woman are having sex with a lot of men then." I had to run for my life. He! He!  We, men and woman, are all sex objects if we are attractive, whether we like it or not. Solitary 

Solitary

In other words she is a hedonist, and feels guilty from her past indoctrination from puritan religion for enjoying physical pleasure.  :razz: :whistle:.

the_antithesis

This is going to be another one of those topics, isn't it?

AllPurposeAtheist

Story of my life...haven't known a nymphomaniniac for many years. It sucks too.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

frosty

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 03, 2014, 11:36:22 AM
It has nothing to do with Secretary.

The woman cannot build any emotional ties. She cannot feel and all she can feel is sexual pleasure. She cannot connect. She is miserable. It's upsetting and sad. Otherwise it is an 'ideal' 21st century male profile. You know, men are animals with sexual drive alone anyway.

I really hope that had a different meaning than what it sounded like.

frosty

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 03, 2014, 01:57:30 PM
No, it means exactly the way it sounds. It is written to tell what the male culture in general promotes in contrast with the view of female culture it presents.

Patriarchal culture defines males as natural perpetrators, animals without emotions that would do anything to have sex, while females are the opposite of that (being born a female is a virtue in itself bullshit) which is right down made up. So anyone who is out of those norms to be condemned in some way. Get bullied, abused, not accepted...etc.

How is that not understandable from all that stuff I wrote with it?

It just sounded like you were singling out one gender. All the references to the origins of such traditions aside, it's interesting how these practices continue albeit in different, 'modern' forms.

As for you, I understand that you do not appreciate the idea that you are an angry, jack booted man hater, but certain posts you make can either be misinterpreted as such or sometimes you just flat out say it. If you want to avoid more issues in the future, you should re-word what you say because it can be rather annoying sometimes.

AllPurposeAtheist

Shoe an "Angry jackbooted man hater"? C'mon now..  Now you're just full of shit.. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

I'm a man hater from what I have experienced from so-called macho men in the way they treat women. "My old lady." "That cunt!" "She's a slut!" "She's a dyke and doesn't like men." "She's a whore." But, "he is a manly man", "he is top dog!" "I had sex with 50 women last year." Come on, why isn't there words for men like there are for woman that like sex---or get paid for it?   :eek: :biggrin2: Solitary

frosty

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 03, 2014, 05:14:26 PM
No, it sounded like that to you. Because that was your expectation.

Well, people always have some type of expectations or biases. I was referencing what you said. That's it.

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 03, 2014, 05:14:26 PM

If you had a general idea of what I keep saying about both genders -which I wrote many times in many ways- rather than jumping to a conclusion of what I might be saying up there because of my gender, what you think about me, you would have a different perception reading the above post.

But you are already prejudiced in more than one level. So, I am glad your are annoyed. This is something about you, not me. 

I actually respect you for criticizing both genders, it's just that you seem to have an inconsistency with the whole thing. Could I have the unfortunate luck of just happening to see you mostly criticize males, and not see you the other times you criticize the other gender? Maybe.

QuoteBut you are already prejudiced in more than one level. So, I am glad your are annoyed. This is something about you, not me.

Oh, I get it. So any type of questioning or criticism is automatically about the other person. Deflection. I see. I'm not annoyed, so I guess you'll be disappointed at that. I just literally said what I did, not sure how else to explain it. As for this being about me, I've already been stereotyped about gender, and been accused of various things before with no evidence to support the erroneous assertions of those people so not sure how it's about me. I just like fairness, and consistency, and I can't speak for myself but I'm not comfortable taking part in a forum where a large part of it involves gender hatred. Same goes for a man that hates women. I would call him out and confront him about it too.

frosty

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 03, 2014, 05:26:22 PM
Shoe an "Angry jackbooted man hater"? C'mon now..  Now you're just full of shit.. :lol:

It was a hypothetical suggestion. I didn't mean it literally. I've seen that person complain before about how they think people see them that way, so I was just trying to give some advice. Of course, nobody listened or cared, and that's fine. If I actually thought they were those words I would phrase it in a different way and I wouldn't try to give them advice or help.