News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New computer build

Started by MagetheEntertainer, June 28, 2014, 04:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagetheEntertainer

I'm going to be building a new computer, here is the link to the parts I've picked from Pcpart picker.  Can I have some constructive criticism before I order these parts?  If you would change anything, what would you change and why?

wolf39us

PickelledEggs

I see you've chosen the invisible build. Nice choice.

AllPurposeAtheist

Here's the link to my opinion.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GrinningYMIR

Good choice with the Nvidia cards, I've experimented with Radeon in the past but even though they spike higher I've found that the software doesn't work as well as I'd like it to. That's also a pretty sexy case that you've got going for you too

Looks like a pretty solid machine you've got planned out
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

MagetheEntertainer

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on June 28, 2014, 09:35:42 PM
Good choice with the Nvidia cards, I've experimented with Radeon in the past but even though they spike higher I've found that the software doesn't work as well as I'd like it to. That's also a pretty sexy case that you've got going for you too

Looks like a pretty solid machine you've got planned out
Thanks for re assuring me bro.  The only thing I'm still debating with myself is whether I should go with a gtx 770 over the 760

GrinningYMIR

760 is my choice, don't ask me why because I don have a concrete answer
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

I have a 1 gig nvidia card from a few years ago. It still holds it's own pretty well. That 2 gig one should be great though. My only suggestion would be to up the processor to an i7. The hard drive is easier to upgrade than the processors, so if you ask me, I'd worry about the processing power over the storage space/type initially, then upgrade the storage when you can and if you need to later on.

MagetheEntertainer

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 29, 2014, 06:10:17 PM
I have a 1 gig nvidia card from a few years ago. It still holds it's own pretty well. That 2 gig one should be great though. My only suggestion would be to up the processor to an i7. The hard drive is easier to upgrade than the processors, so if you ask me, I'd worry about the processing power over the storage space/type initially, then upgrade the storage when you can and if you need to later on.
Do you do video editing or mixing/mastering on your computer with the i7?  I know that the i5 is better for gaming since the only difference between the i5 and i7 is that i7 has hyper threading/virtual cores.  I know that hyper threading is good for video editing but I would only be making gaming videos/vlogs so do you think it would be overkill?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: MagetheEntertainer on June 29, 2014, 06:23:23 PM
Do you do video editing or mixing/mastering on your computer with the i7?  I know that the i5 is better for gaming since the only difference between the i5 and i7 is that i7 has hyper threading/virtual cores.  I know that hyper threading is good for video editing but I would only be making gaming videos/vlogs so do you think it would be overkill?

I do do video editing on this machine. I never heard that the i5 is better at gaming than the i7 though. I think it has more to do with the video card than anything.

I have seen i5s that had better processing power than i7s, but it was a really high end i5 being compared to a really low end i7
Sent from your mom