News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Property is Government

Started by zarus tathra, June 13, 2014, 11:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zarus tathra

It's paradoxical, at least philosophically, that people would love property rights and hate government. But when you think about it, property isn't opposed to the idea of government, since property is a form of government. In fact, it's considered one of the most absolute forms of government. If you own somebody, you do more than govern them, you decide life and death without any pretense of due process or appeal save the whims of the owner.

Libertarians and government are at war in the same way that Eurasia, Eastasia, and Oceania are at war. They are at war not because they are different, but because they want the same things, that is, control of people and capital.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

AllPurposeAtheist

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 party demands obedience. :eek:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: zarus tathra on June 13, 2014, 11:07:19 AMLibertarians and government are at war in the same way that Eurasia, Eastasia, and Oceania are at war. They are at war not because they are different, but because they want the same things, that is, control of people and capital.

Fascinating.  Wrong but fascinating.

The key point you overlook is that under libertarianism one person cannot own another.  Once you add that one point you will understand where you went wrong on all the rest of it.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

AllPurposeAtheist

Jason the broken fucking record. Under libertarians everyone's full of shit..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jason Harvestdancer

Hating an ideology is one thing.  You're good at that.

Being willing to say "although I hate that ideology, and what you write is an attack and that would normally make me very happy, what you write isn't that ideology" is another thing.  You suck at that.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!