America at War: A Record of Unparalleled Failure

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, June 12, 2014, 01:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

You know all this bullshit is about protecting the profits of the economic elite in the US. In other words, if a country wants to develop industry to benefit itself and nationalize any US corporation they can expect that friendly visit from the CIA and a bullet to the head.  That's what all this US backed war bullshit is about.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 01, 2014, 04:30:30 PM
You know all this bullshit is about protecting the profits of the economic elite in the US. In other words, if a country wants to develop industry to benefit itself and nationalize any US corporation they can expect that friendly visit from the CIA and a bullet to the head.  That's what all this US backed war bullshit is about.
Yep, China, Japan, Germany, Korea, the list is endless. It's just not your list.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

If they're members of the NYSE we'll go to war to protect their interests if the trading price is high enough.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on July 01, 2014, 11:17:36 AM
The stealth technology does have issues.  First of all assume it does make the plane invisible to radar - that means you can't see it unless you are actually just plain looking at it.  Second, making it invisible to radar doesn't work as well as some would think, because one of the things it does is create a dark spot that contrasts with the normal background radiation.  The radar cannot see it, but if you invert the image a human can say "aha, there is stealth technology there."  Third, it only works at certain frequencies anyway.
Natural background radiation of radar? What the what?
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 01, 2014, 04:39:03 PM
If they're members of the NYSE we'll go to war to protect their interests if the trading price is high enough.
Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 01, 2014, 04:39:03 PM
I hear you can get bowls that turn from blue to yellow when somebody pisses in your Post Toasties.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Who gives a rats ass about 'stealth technology'? It's irrelevant to the reasons behind these immoral wars of empire.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 01, 2014, 04:47:12 PM
Who gives a rats ass about 'stealth technology'? It's irrelevant to the reasons behind these immoral wars of empire.
Have you considered chastising them thoroughly?
PZ Myers

frosty

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 01, 2014, 04:45:51 PM
Then try to act like it. But then you informed me on behalf of people where you live that nobody cares about it, so why bother...

I'm not even sure why you mentioned that. That's almost a given. I do feel like telling these "we can change things" people that they really can't, but I'm almost certain none of them will listen one iota. To change things of this magnitude you need an informed, active populace willing to get out of their comfort zones and that simply does not exist at this point in time.

aileron

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 01, 2014, 04:45:51 PM
It was the very right term, before I was posted. You were talking about how what it wasn't it at all.

You're still using the term total war wrong.  Militarism and total war are distinctly different things.

QuoteMeaning, me using English as second language doesn't prevent me understanding the difference between a manipulated definition or a real definition of total war -or any other term- that you and other first language speakers argue from. Do you need any further explanation in English or do you need to learn another language enough to carry on this conversation to get that?

Simply put, you're wrong.  It's as if I were to go to France and lecture people on their use of language.  The term you want is militarism, plain and simple.  Total war has a different meaning that has been around since the days when America had a tiny standing military.

QuoteThen try to act like it. But then you informed me on behalf of people where you live that nobody cares about it, so why bother...

Your arrogance is funny.  Maybe I should go to France and argue with them that I understand their use of language better than they do. 
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

DickRill

Can we perhaps agree on this definition?

Total war is a large scale armed conflict in which one or both/all side(s) violate(s) the worldwide agreed rules of the Geneva Convention(s) (1864, 1906, 1929, and 1949): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions

DickRill

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 02, 2014, 06:07:06 AM
Your arrogance is funny. Go learn English! /sarc.

Your English is funny. Go learn arrogance!

Gawdzilla Sama

"Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Sorry Shoe. You've been declared a gentleman. Don't blame me. I'm just the messenger.