News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Sye Ten vs Dillahunty

Started by johnson, May 17, 2014, 02:44:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

This should be interesting. "There is a God!" "How do you know?" "The Scriptures told me so." "That's it?" "I have faith it is." 'You don't need evidence?" "We don't need no stinkin evidence with faith." End of debate.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Shol'va

Drummer Guy

I feel bad for myself that I'm actually going to suffer through this.

Shol'va

I am currently still watching it. It's good. Matt takes Sye to task. It is incredible how Matt maintains his cool.
The aftershow is also worth listening to.

Solomon Zorn

It's not a fair debate. Matt is using reason to argue with an obvious mental case. Anyone can see that Sye is fucking retarded.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Drummer Guy

Usually in these debates people are respectful of both sides.  Even when William Lane Craig or the like make a bad argument, nobody laughs at them.  But people just couldn't help but laugh at Sye.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

SGOS

I haven't watched this debate, but I've often wondered why a guy like Matt has spent so much time on a local cable access channel.  He should probably be on the national stage.  Well, maybe he's getting there.

Shol'va

Quote from: Drummer Guy on June 07, 2014, 09:54:24 PM
Usually in these debates people are respectful of both sides.  Even when William Lane Craig or the like make a bad argument, nobody laughs at them.  But people just couldn't help but laugh at Sye.
To be fair, several times throughout this interaction I got the distinct feeling that there was definitely a little bit of mob mentality going on with the audience.

Jason78

To be fair, if Sye had said "Pi is exactly three" it would have got the same reaction from the audience.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Shol'va

Right, but I'm talking about instances when it wasn't necessarily warranted. I remember Matt interjected at least twice, to the tune of "hang on, let him answer" or something along those lines.