There is no moral imperative in atheism

Started by augustine, February 14, 2013, 08:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "stromboli"I just noticed I'm an Alphadon. What the fuck is an Alphadon? First Godfather?

I like that answer - First (Top) Grandpapa  LMAO- But if that were true there'd be no advance after the Alphadon.  And there is other stages to reach so............
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "Bibliofagus"Wait whut?
Are you saying apologist spam is as truthfull as what Antititties said?

No. I think he's just one of those schmucks who thinks reasoning with christians is not a colossal waste of time and that atheism is some kind of cause we need to act as representatives for despite this having no real effect because we're dealing with assholes who've already made up their mind about us.

His life to waste on these mistaken notions if he wants to. I don't intend to waste any more of my time.

lol, you don't know Buttfinger.

Perhaps you should wait and see before opining ... just sayin'.  
<insert witty aphorism here>

buttfinger

Oh Cheeses.  I hadn't caught that.  I might laugh all night.  I love being misunderstood like that.

St Giordano Bruno

I look on lying or preaching fallacies as being "immoral", which is what Christianity is guilty of consistantly. It is a moral imperative IMHO not to put religion higher than truth.  A moral imperative not to go on preaching the Earth was created 6000 years ago in spite of the overwhealming evidence agaist it.
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Sleeper

Damn. Missed it. I've never understood the "why should we care about each other if there is no god?" argument.

So in other words: we, who live on this planet with each other, who must do whatever's needed to survive together, and who always come up with a third example when listing things, can't figure out that we should probably treat each other with dignity and respect?

But insert the Bronze Age explanation for why rainbows appear in the sky and, boom, THAT'S why we're good to each other. The entity that we're not sure exists dictates our morality better than we do.

The whole thing smells vaguely of old lady farts.
Because LaPlace still holds sway.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"lol, you don't know Buttfinger.

And I never will.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"lol, you don't know Buttfinger.

And I never will.

The fact that you're so comfortable speaking in ignorance makes me wonder about the validity of your other judgments, y'know?  I mean, I've known the guy online for years, and I know for a fact that you've read him wrong about his views on atheism, specifically this passage:

Quote from: "the_antithesis"[...] he's just one of those schmucks who thinks reasoning with christians is not a colossal waste of time and that atheism is some kind of cause we need to act as representatives for [...]

I agree with him that your "fuckfuckfuck" post was juvenile, and I personally think that if that's the best post you could muster for the occasion, silence would probably serve you better.

the_antithesis

That you feel I give a toss what you think is your problem.

buttfinger

Quote from: "the_antithesis"That you feel I give a toss what you think is your problem.
It's clearly less of a problem than your inability to articulate a simple point.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "the_antithesis"That you feel I give a toss what you think is your problem.

I don't think you think much at all, really, but insofar as you do think, your overweening arrogance probably pollutes the process so far as to make it useless.

At least, that's what I've seen here.

Ta-ta, kid.

St Giordano Bruno

Who ever thought "religious ignorance" = "a moral imperative". I would have thought it would be quite the contrary.
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

buttfinger

You're just as retarded as he is.  Nobody claimed what you said.  Learn to read, fucknut.

Nonsensei

Quote from: "buttfinger"You're just as retarded as he is.  Nobody claimed what you said.  Learn to read, fucknut.

Hey buddy.

Wait let me start over.

Hey fuckface.

Ive been reading some of your posts. You are projecting some poorly hidden and desperate need to establish yourself as better and smarter than anyone else here. But guess what? Youre just some angry kid on a forum full of people smarter than you.

Get lost.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "buttfinger"You're just as retarded as he is.  Nobody claimed what you said.  Learn to read, fucknut.

Whoa! Did you come here to spout insults because you don't allow it on your own forum?
This is bullshit.  Either you believe in "attacks" or you don't.   Way not cool.  Eesh
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

buttfinger

Hi dickwad.  I'm not trying to establish myself as anything.  I DID try to have some nice conversations, but you retards showed very early on that disagreement will be met with ad-hominems, so all I'm doing now is just posting in the flavor of the rest of the forum.  Don't like it?  Too fucking bad.  You should have thought about that before you set the tone.