There is no moral imperative in atheism

Started by augustine, February 14, 2013, 08:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

But actually, he is right. By definition, there is no moral imperative in atheism. Moral imperative doesn't come from not believing in something. His reasoning why is totally wrong, but atheism by and of itself is not a reason for, or motivator of, moral conduct. Just semantics, but that is the case. But you can also argue that moral imperative in religion is if anything more subjective and highly forced, based on judgmental dogma. Any moral code or implied moral behavior outside of religion is based on common understanding and experience over time.

BarkAtTheMoon

Oh, and augustine, aka jstrodel aka Joseph. Sockpuppets are rude and against the rules. Bye.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

wolf39us

oh shizzle!  I didn't even think to look up the ip address!

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"Sure didn't take very long after the database reset for this dumb topic to pop up again.  :roll:

Where's the  little bang-head-against-wall guy?

meawhile

now let's see how long it take before someone comes along to correct my unPC behavior?
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Mathias

Thankfully there's no moral imperative in atheism and unfortunately there is t in religions, like Christianity for example, claiming that a "creator" gave us free will and then condemn us eternally if we want to like him!
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "buttfinger"
Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "augustine"There is no moral imperative in atheism, so you cannot logically argue against the crimes of Christianity.

You are fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking stupid.
What a well-reasoned, thought-provoking, well written, and compelling argument.

In case you didn't get that, I was being sarcastic.  That post is no better than apologist spam, and in some ways is worse.

And it's more than that cunt deserves.

ApostateLois

YAY! Our first troll after the Great Crash of 2013 (as it will be forever known in the history books) has already come and gone! (^0^)/  No morality without God? That's an argument that hardly ever comes up. ?_?
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Bibliofagus

Quote from: "buttfinger"
Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "augustine"There is no moral imperative in atheism, so you cannot logically argue against the crimes of Christianity.

You are fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking, fucking stupid.
What a well-reasoned, thought-provoking, well written, and compelling argument.

In case you didn't get that, I was being sarcastic.  That post is no better than apologist spam, and in some ways is worse.

Wait whut?
Are you saying apologist spam is as truthfull as what Antititties said?
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

BlackL1ght

I think its fine if the religiotard leaves for too long to post that stuff. It's true. And its not as if it interrupted an intense argument...
Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Bibliofagus"Wait whut?

No. I think he's just one of those schmucks who thinks reasoning with christians is not a colossal waste of time and that atheism is some kind of cause we need to act as representatives for despite this having no real effect because we're dealing with assholes who've already made up their mind about us.

His life to waste on these mistaken notions if he wants to. I don't intend to waste any more of my time.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "ApostateLois"YAY! Our first troll after the Great Crash of 2013 (as it will be forever known in the history books) has already come and gone! (^0^)/  No morality without God? That's an argument that hardly ever comes up. ?_?

R.O.F.L.M.A.O.

Lois- Classic- hysterical as always!

Mathias

WitchSabrina,

This guy should be the secretary of U.S. culture (don't know if the term is correct)
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

buttfinger

Quote from: "Bibliofagus"Wait whut?
No, but it's got more thought put into it and is written better.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Mathias"WitchSabrina,

This guy should be the secretary of U.S. culture (don't know if the term is correct)

Our gov doesn't have enough $$$ to get Jon Stewart on staff - for anything.  

*snort*

stromboli

I just noticed I'm an Alphadon. What the fuck is an Alphadon? First Godfather?