Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Long time no see

Started by Aroura33, June 04, 2014, 12:50:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on June 04, 2014, 09:00:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pNFJfGlsd0

That's just cruel in a somewhat amusing way. Now I feel really bad for having snickered at it.  Poor kid,  I'm laughing at a childs distress. What the hell is wrong with me? :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hakurei Reimu

Shall I break out the drugs, because it's time to party!

Welcome back, Aurora!
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

leo

Quote from: Bibliofagus on June 04, 2014, 02:22:56 PM
Good timing!
You would have loved Clare Therese, she was just like Azzi ;)

Quote from: Aroura33 on June 04, 2014, 12:50:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been gone a while, missed you all though.  Been lurking for a few days, decided to stop lurking and say hi. :)

Guess I've just been busy (Girl Scouts took over my life for a while, but I got used to it).

Anyway, just wanted to say something before I started randomly posting in threads like I'd never been gone.

I see you've had a few interesting chew toys!  I need some mental stimulation. I love kids, but working with a bunch of 6 to 8 year old girls is getting a little difficult without some adult conversation with people who are not, erm, afflicted by religion.  Currently, we are living in an area where everyone Loves Jesus!  The few women I've managed to make friends with thank God like 20 times a day for everything from getting good work hours to not having their kids hair be too tangly that morning.  And not in a use of the phrase way, I mean, literally thank God for everything.  They are nice, so I tolerate it, but damn, I need to talk to someone (aside from my husband) who can have a rational conversation. 

I look forward to joining back into the forum discussions, if you'll have me back! :D
Welcome back ! I'm a lurker lately too.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

DunkleSeele

Welcome back, Aroura!

Quote from: leo on June 04, 2014, 03:30:36 PMWelcome back ! I'm a lurker lately too.
No Leo, you're still the same post count whore who posts two-word messages in the "Last post wins" thread. But don't worry, we still (kinda) love you! :whistle: :madu: :lol:

Aroura33

Quote from: Bibliofagus on June 04, 2014, 02:22:56 PM
Good timing!
You would have loved Clare Therese, she was just like Azzi ;)

Oh My goodness, I'm glad I missed that! Talking to Azzi was like self flagellation, lol.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Aroura33

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 04, 2014, 02:30:38 PM
That's just cruel in a somewhat amusing way. Now I feel really bad for having snickered at it.  Poor kid,  I'm laughing at a childs distress. What the hell is wrong with me? :lol:
I saw this on one of those "funniest" tv shows.  It is funny, but I feel bad for her too.  Ah, kids. :D

Thanks a lot for all the welcome backs! :D
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

stromboli

Quote from: DunkleSeele on June 04, 2014, 05:35:24 PM
Welcome back, Aroura!
No Leo, you're still the same post count whore who posts two-word messages in the "Last post wins" thread. But don't worry, we still (kinda) love you! :whistle: :madu: :lol:

Actually, I gave Leo the advice to do that to up his post count.  :redface:

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: Aroura33 on June 04, 2014, 12:50:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been gone a while, missed you all though.  Been lurking for a few days, decided to stop lurking and say hi. :)

Guess I've just been busy (Girl Scouts took over my life for a while, but I got used to it).

Anyway, just wanted to say something before I started randomly posting in threads like I'd never been gone.

I see you've had a few interesting chew toys!  I need some mental stimulation. I love kids, but working with a bunch of 6 to 8 year old girls is getting a little difficult without some adult conversation with people who are not, erm, afflicted by religion.  Currently, we are living in an area where everyone Loves Jesus!  The few women I've managed to make friends with thank God like 20 times a day for everything from getting good work hours to not having their kids hair be too tangly that morning.  And not in a use of the phrase way, I mean, literally thank God for everything.  They are nice, so I tolerate it, but damn, I need to talk to someone (aside from my husband) who can have a rational conversation. 

I look forward to joining back into the forum discussions, if you'll have me back! :D

Hey Aroura,

Really good to see you again!

Haha, reading BF's comment above, it made me remember bloody Azzi too.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Bibliofagus

Quote from: Fidel_Castronaut on June 05, 2014, 11:25:20 AM
Haha, reading BF's comment above, it made me remember bloody Azzi too.

Sorry!
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.