If Christianity disappears so will civilization.

Started by Art Axmann, June 03, 2014, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altered Atheist

Quote from: Brian37 on June 21, 2014, 08:38:31 AM
This is what all religions teach, that the world will not function right if my personal tribal club is not the center of the world. Which is funny because no matter what current religions or boarders our species comes up with we still manage to fuck and make babies.

Religion is just an excuse for having to die....

Munch

Quote from: Art Axmann on June 03, 2014, 09:38:00 PM

Be careful what you pray for ;you just may get it!

unlike you, I don't pray for things to happen, which is just an advanced form of wishing on a magic lamp.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Munch on August 17, 2014, 09:33:08 PM
unlike you, I don't pray for things to happen, which is just an advanced form of wishing on a magic lamp.

I think you've that backwards, Munch. Wishing on a magic lamp is an advanced form of prayer.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Munch

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on August 18, 2014, 12:30:06 AM
I think you've that backwards, Munch. Wishing on a magic lamp is an advanced form of prayer.

ah true ^^, at least a sexy genie comes from a lamp.

I really do pity people who can't find any worth in life without a religion as their crutch to stand up on, that they can't conceive of morality or empathy without being convinced they wouldn't have those things without god or allah or whatever else.

I wasn't raised with any connection to religion, and yet I have love, empathy for others, morals, standards, appreciation of the little things and big things, and all that came from just living it, being around people who appreciated it to, all who have never once spoken words of faith to me, just people who enjoy the good stuff in life.

If religion disappeared tomorrow, the world would be no different to people like us lot here, but to a faith follower, they would struggle with reality. They would have to adapt to understand the world around them, like how a child adapts to understand there is no father christmas.

Yet I've seen children deal with that sobering fact far better then adults do to the truth of religion.

SGOS

Quote from: Brian37 on June 21, 2014, 08:38:31 AM
This is what all religions teach, that the world will not function right if my personal tribal club is not the center of the world. 
Well said.  I want to print that 10 times.

Solitary

QuoteIf Christianity disappears so will civilization.

:wtff: Refinement of intellectual and artistic taste will disappear without superstitious nonsense?   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Now that is really being delusional from thinking religion is refinement of the intellect and knowledge when it is based on ignorance and emotions. Some of the most peaceful, and having refinement of the intellect are atheist scientists and artist. Remember the Dark Ages and inquisitions from religious authority that people could not even be questioned without being burned at the stake or stoned to death with their blessing?  Idiot! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on August 18, 2014, 06:57:34 AM
Well said.  I want to print that 10 times.

Its funny how we live in w world where mankind as a species has figured out how to fly despite not having wings, cure diseases that even effects other animals, even the only creature on earth that can launch itself into space.. and yet it still needs tribal mentality practiced by its ancient ancestors thousands of years ago.

castlepaloma

If Christianity disappears so will civilization.?

I think about the largest Christian populated country in the world- American
Then think, the USA has half of the world’s war budget , 25% of the World prisons and then ask are they civilized, Hell no!

DunkleSeele

Welcome castlepaloma!

Why don't you open an introduction thread and tell us some more about you?

Altered Atheist

Quote from: castlepaloma on August 21, 2014, 09:29:58 PM
If Christianity disappears so will civilization.?

I think about the largest Christian populated country in the world- American
Then think, the USA has half of the world’s war budget , 25% of the World prisons and then ask are they civilized, Hell no!

Christianity is a man made invention. I am sure they will find another sucker to play jesus and just create another fundamentalist dung hole.