If Christianity disappears so will civilization.

Started by Art Axmann, June 03, 2014, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Axmann

People can find fault with anything and they usually do. The idea that you can count on people to act  in their own best interests is not always the case. People are easily fooled.
But the tremendous attack going on by homos and atheists and secularists and non-Christians against Christian hegemony in America is poorly thought out.

If Christianity were to vanish from off the face of the earth all that is of beauty and reason will also vanish. If Christianity is no more then all that is of compassion and sacred and ethical will also slip away

At some point culture and civilization will also disappear and slowly humanity would revert back to a  premordial existence of nothing  more than a form of bestial vegetation ;and in time life itself would disappear and once again the earth would mindlessly orbit the sun ,devoid of meaning,devoid  of purpose.

Be careful what you pray for ;you just may get it!

Contemporary Protestant

My hindu friend is a nice guy, he was raised in India, and never met Christians growing up

Care to explain how that is possible

Art Axmann

I guess everyone has a hindu friend or a chinese one or even a Jewish friend.

And ,if that's really the case with you ,or  just to make  your point that there're   good others in the world ;I stated that this degeneration would be slow in coming. I should've emphasized slowly..

The Christian faith represents the moral compass that humanity lives by;if not, then  Christianity is just another faith system.
Hindus and other people get their sense of morality and sacredness from Christianity; whether or not they understand how they are influenced.

Remove the influence and you can see what is going on in Pakistan and India . And this is really commonplace and has only ameliorated recently thanks to the Christian world watching and setting standards.
The whole world gravitates toward these standards whether they know it or not.
Islam and judaism would be far worse without the exposure to  Christian morality and thinking in the world.

aitm

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on June 03, 2014, 09:44:05 PM
My hindu friend is a nice guy, he was raised in India, and never met Christians growing up

Care to explain how that is possible

Nice point CP....nearly 60% of the world doesn't believe in the bullshittery of christianity and yet....civilization just goes on...gotta hate that eh?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Contemporary Protestant

I dont hate it, if anything it reinforces my belief that there is some good in the world

The fact that good people exist everywhere regardless of background is a good thing

aitm

QuoteAt some point culture and civilization will also disappear and slowly humanity would revert back to a  premordial existence of nothing  more than a form of bestial vegetation ;and in time life itself would disappear and once again the earth would mindlessly orbit the sun ,devoid of meaning,devoid  of purpose.

science agrees with most of that....in time humanity will probably die off and the earth will be swallowed by the sun....have a nice day.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

So does this make gutsman's ass an official chew toy?

aitm

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on June 03, 2014, 09:57:16 PM
I dont hate it, if anything it reinforces my belief that there is some good in the world

The fact that good people exist everywhere regardless of background is a good thing

there is a lot more good than there is bad....good doesn't sell newspapers as well as bad.

aitm

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 03, 2014, 09:57:42 PM
So does this make gutsman's ass an official chew toy?

I doubt very much that it will even rate  a toy status.

Contemporary Protestant

agreed

however I think the smaller amount of bad is extremely toxic and does a lot of harm

like a little radioactive material is very dangerous but majority of elements in nature are stable

Art Axmann

Quote from: aitm on June 03, 2014, 09:54:46 PM
Nice point CP....nearly 60% of the world doesn't believe in the bullshittery of christianity and yet....civilization just goes on...gotta hate that eh?

so did the aztec religion and civilization go on and on without christianity, want to live as an aztec and  have your heart ripped out?

stromboli

So all those centuries that happened before xtianity and all the countries, cultures and societies that aren't xtian, some of which predate xtianity, are all failures? China managed to operated for centuries without xtianity. so did the Greeks, Romans and a few other cultures.
Did you fail history or something?

I have found a lot more beauty and wisdom outside of xtianity than my 18 years as a member. If you think xtianity is the zenith of what culture is, you really have a lot to learn.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Art Axmann on June 03, 2014, 10:13:07 PM
so did the aztec religion and civilization go on and on without christianity, want to live as an aztec and  have your heart ripped out?
Aztec civilization still exists. In fact it's the aztecs that are in charge of the government and actually pull the string for the pope.

Illuminati, mannnnn illuminatiiiiiiiiiiiii :lol:

Contemporary Protestant

Australian Aborigines have existed without any exposure to the modern world

Art Axmann

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on June 03, 2014, 10:15:36 PM
Australian Aborigines have existed without any exposure to the modern world

so ,that's where you want humanity to be ,at the level of the aborigine?

you can't be that blind or are you just looking to raise ire?

Fix quote tag - Jason H