Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A Fond Farewell....

Started by Casparov, June 01, 2014, 12:44:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Gawdzilla Sama

I wish we could make this kind of thing a self-fulfilling prophesy, via the ban hammer.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solitary

Of course he can't leave the site, it is in Gods mind, and he is in God's mind, dumb atheists.  :doh: :rotflmao: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mr.Obvious

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on June 01, 2014, 12:17:00 PM
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
So that's what I've been smelling.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

the_antithesis

Berati

Quote from: Casparov on June 01, 2014, 12:44:26 AM
Immaterialism (or Idealism) is at least as likely as Materialism. If you need an explanation of why this is so just ask Berati to explain it for you.

Ok I'll explain it.
Casparov is a liar.

I asked him to admit that "Immaterialism (or Idealism) is at least as likely as Materialism." over and over. He kept denying this even though I told him we had to start on a level playing field. He tried every dishonest trick in the book to place immaterialism as the default like this:

QuoteYou seem to be suggesting that all of these possibilities are equally as likely, but this does not follow.

and this:
QuoteJust because they are both assumptions does not mean that they are equally as likely. So I disagree. You are incorrect.
and this:
QuoteI reject the notion that all assumptions are equally as likely. If this is the basis of your argument then it is flawed. All assumptions are not equally as likely.

What I believe actually occurred is that after the total beat down he received in that thread he could not bring himself to admit he had been wrong all along and decided to LIE and try to claim that what I was saying over and over was actually his point.

This was not intellectual dishonesty but real straightforward dishonesty.
Either he's honest in that he was lying all along and simply wasting hours of my time, or (far more likely) he was lying at the very end in a face saving maneuver. Either way it's unacceptable and I would not continue posting on a board that allowed this kind of behaviour.

I've asked the mods to review the thread in question and ban Casparov. (I have never asked for this before)
He says he's not coming back but who can believe someone who has so clearly been exposed as an outright liar?

He should still be banned!

Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

SGOS

Quote from: Berati on June 01, 2014, 06:45:04 PM

What I believe actually occurred is that after the total beat down he received in that thread he could not bring himself to admit he had been wrong all along and decided to LIE and try to claim that what I was saying over and over was actually his point.

Wouldn't be the first time someone has used that tactic to save face.

PickelledEggs

Bye. From the things I read of your's I thought you were nice and I think of you as friendly.

Your beliefs may be odd, but i did find them a bit fascinating to read.  And you at least answered most of the questions we had for you directly and started some neat conversations, which is much more than I can say for some of the people on here and it is greatly appreciated.

Goodbye Casperov

Berati

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 01, 2014, 06:50:08 PM
Bye. From the things I read of your's I thought you were nice and I think of you as friendly.

Your beliefs may be odd, but i did find them a bit fascinating to read.  And you at least answered most of the questions we had for you directly and started some neat conversations, which is much more than I can say for some of the people on here and it is greatly appreciated.

Goodbye Casperov
Concerning the part I bolded.
I'm not sure if you followed my debate with him that he refers to in the OP, however...

I've never had anyone contradict me for a week and more than two dozen posts who in the end claims that they had been lying all along in order to teach me that I had been correct all along??
This makes no sense whatsoever so clearly it's a lie, plus he had claimed the same thing in many other threads.

In other words he is lying about the fact that he was lying!  Lying squared??

This is why I asked for him to be banned, something I've never done before. Intellectual dishonesty is one thing. Straight up lying in order to waste hours and hours of another members time cannot be tolerated.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

PickelledEggs

Oh.  I wasn't aware. I stopped paying attention to his posts a few weeks ago because they were starting to bore me. I was just going off of what I saw as of about a month or 2 back

Sent via your mom.

stromboli

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Berati on June 01, 2014, 08:55:07 PM
Concerning the part I bolded.
I'm not sure if you followed my debate with him that he refers to in the OP, however...

I've never had anyone contradict me for a week and more than two dozen posts who in the end claims that they had been lying all along in order to teach me that I had been correct all along??
This makes no sense whatsoever so clearly it's a lie, plus he had claimed the same thing in many other threads.

In other words he is lying about the fact that he was lying!  Lying squared??

This is why I asked for him to be banned, something I've never done before. Intellectual dishonesty is one thing. Straight up lying in order to waste hours and hours of another members time cannot be tolerated.

That makes Casparov an ideal liar.

AllPurposeAtheist

Hey, I get pissed off and leave forever once in awhile myself. You're all just to darned cute n cuddly I can't stay mad at you.  Bummer, huh?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on June 01, 2014, 10:43:09 AM
Who are you again?

A basement dwelling mama's boy who bathes infrequently.