News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I SAID NO LENTILS

Started by PickelledEggs, May 29, 2014, 09:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

http://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com/2014/05/28/immigrant-in-nyc-beats-wife-to-death-for-making-wrong-dinner-argues-that-in-his-country-wife-beating-is-customary/

QuoteA Pakistani immigrant beat his wife to death in their Brooklyn home after she made the mistake of cooking him lentils for dinner instead of the hearty meal of goat meat that he craved, according to court papers.

Noor Hussain, 75, was so outraged over the vegetarian fare that he pummeled his wife, Nazar Hussain, 66, with a stick until she was a “bloody mess,” according to prosecutors and court papers.

“Defendant asked [his wife] to cook goat and [his wife] said she made something else,” the court papers indicated as Hussain’s murder trial opened on Wednesday.

“The conversation got louder and [his wife] disrespected defendant by cursing at defendant and saying motherf- -ker, and . . . defendant took a wooden stick and hit her with it on her arm and mouth.”

Defense attorney Julie Clark admitted Hussain beat his wife â€" but argued that he is guilty of only manslaughter because he didn’t intend to kill her. In Pakistan, Clark said, beating one’s wife is customary.

“He comes from a culture where he thinks this is appropriate conduct, where he can hit his wife,” Clark said in her opening statements at the Brooklyn Supreme Court bench trial. “He culturally believed he had the right to hit his wife and discipline his wife.”

And people ask me why I have a problem with these religions.

StupidWiz

But... but... back home  it's customary to beat your wive when she disrespects you, surely you'll understand???
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

no-excuses

Religion is not necessarily the cause. it is almost entirely cultural to abuse women especially in undeveloped countries. it is a human rights issue. Islam do underrate women and clearly classify them as second degree citizens with half the rights that men enjoy but don't advocate abusing them physically and definitely not killing them. Traditions and culture, on the other hand, are allowing the domestic violence against women with very clear messages. The more uneducated people are the more social retardation deepen within them.

stromboli

Would you think me insensitive if my first thought was where do you get goat meat in Brooklyn?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on May 29, 2014, 11:06:42 PM
Would you think me insensitive if my first thought was where do you get goat meat in Brooklyn?
No it's not insensitive. A lot of foods that people use in the middle east are unfamiliar to a lot of people, I find.  Markets that sell goat meat as well as bulgur and other middle eastern foods are quite common depending on the area. My friend that lives in brooklyn lives near a neighborhood that is primarily orthodox jew, so I imagine you can get it there or near there... or there might be a muslim neighborhood in the area.   

But if your question was implying that maybe it was too hard to find goat meat, I can assure you that it's not hard at all.

AllPurposeAtheist

You know what,  I grew up around the "culturally alright" bullshit in Dayton, Ohio where women were routinely beaten up and probably raped too. I know as fact it was "culturally alright" to beat kids in public in grocery stores while nobody lifted a finger to stop it.
It's NOT alright anywhere to beat anyone for this kind of bullshit and should be treated as a homicide everywhere, not just in Brooklyn or Dayton or Turkeye or anywhere else. This is why we're supposed to have prisons in every nation on earth. I guess the world just isn't violent enough to suit some dipshits. We need more of it with more guns to stop the violence. It makes no fucking sense.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 30, 2014, 05:58:06 AM
Every person who commits a brutal crime in some western culture, who rapes, creates a mass murder with excuses from 'I can't get laid', 'She insulted my fave tv series, I shot her' (remember that one?), 'they mocked me, I killed them' are just MENTALLY ILL, but when a Pakistani man flips and brutally murders his wife, it is the custom and it is the religion. So when an American husband beats her wive or kills her, it is just domestic abuse or plain murder, but not anything related to his country's very same old religious customs, BECAUSE it is illegal in the country, so it is not the same thing, right? I see.
You pretty much just nailed down how cultural hegemony works.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

no-excuses

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 30, 2014, 06:07:42 AM
It's a human rights issues pretty much in the developed countries too. Because human is human and guess what, people who live in developed countries are human.

And women are second degree citizens everywhere around the globe from their wages to the 'norms' designed to define their 'role', to the usage of simple slang in ever day language in the west. Westerners just ignore and do not own up to it.

Give me a fucking break. Developed countries, may ass. Developed countries are the countries that are very good at marketing themselves and fooling their own citizens.

Of course domestic violence exist everywhere the issue is when it is considered to be OK. The fact that you mentioned those examples of sexism in developed country pretty much tells you that women in those countries are able to have a voice at least to defend themselves, they have the right to protest. Nobody can openly discriminate against women but that doesn't mean that there no prejudice at all. But in the 3rd world there is no such thing there is no voice no rights it is literally hell if you have a vagina. 

Hydra009

Quote“He culturally believed he had the right to hit his wife and discipline his wife.”
"Discipline".  What a euphemism!

the_antithesis

Lentils are pretty gross.