News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Console vs PC

Started by wolf39us, May 28, 2014, 08:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 09, 2014, 01:19:12 PM
Far Cry?  I just googled it and it needs a 64-bit patch before running (back when it was released, 64-bit was not yet the norm)
Over the past 4 years, I've googled for a patch a number of times.  Finally, I gave up, and haven't bothered to look for the last year or more.  But this is good news.  I'm going to google for a patch right now.  If I still can't find it, I'll get back to you for some advice.

NinjaRisu

Depending on what game I want to play. I played Fable on the PC and found it easier on the xbox.
I enjoy Diablo on the PC and some online mmos.

Jason78

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 09, 2014, 01:19:12 PM
I'm not even sure if I have even lost any PC games to backwards compatibility problems.
*asks roommate*
*interrupts his Homeworld Catacylsm game*
*long pause*
"No."

I've got a hankering to play Homeworld again now.   Such an awesome game.  Great eye-candy, epic music score, fantastic story...    What's not to like?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason78 on June 10, 2014, 06:43:10 AMI've got a hankering to play Homeworld again now.   Such an awesome game.  Great eye-candy, epic music score, fantastic story...    What's not to like?
There's a new one in the works.  Hardware: Shipbreakers (Homeword: Shipbreakers now that Gearbox owns the IP).  Very exciting.

Jutter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OnLive
How could I've forgotten about this.

You only need a pc capable of streaming video... or I guess you could even pull it off with a smartphone but who'd wanna? The signals from your gamecontroller are send to one of the consoles (that OnLive bought, so you don't have to). Simultaniously they send the console's AV-output to your screen. Cloudgaming baby.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.