News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Console vs PC

Started by wolf39us, May 28, 2014, 08:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

Alright guys and gals, I know you're out there! I am an avid PC gamer and love my FPS games (quake, left 4 dead 2, portal, TF2 etc).

Personally I haven't been able to thoroughly enjoy a console game since after Nintendo 64 because I really just can't stand the controllers on consoles. I've been looking at the PS4 and Xbox One to see if it's really worth a jump and I'm having a hard time with the whole going to a controller bit.

Are you PC or Console or both??

Let's hear it!

Moralnihilist

Both. But mostly because wow is a pc game and GTA is a console game.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Shol'va

I agree, they both serve a market and a purpose. Having said that, I grew up with PC games and PC shooters and will still take a keyboard/mouse combo any day of the week.

Jmpty

Console. I like the controller.
???  ??

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Jmpty on May 28, 2014, 10:38:34 PM
Console. I like the controller.
I have a controller for some games on my PC.

We are called the PC Master Race for a reason. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk. Titty sprinkles.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

I have a ps3 and I only use it to stream videos from my pc. I haven't played a game on anything other than my PC in a LONG time. (other than super nintendo or N64 when a friend is over)

I'll occasionally play ModNation Racers on PS3 but that's only if me and a friend want to play something like MarioKart (My N64 controllers finally crapped out)

Hydra009

Hmm...console or PC?  Well, today I played a bunch of old arcade games, a really  good strategy game, and a RPG modded to hell in back with some great lore-friendly mods.  PC.   'Nuff said.

PickelledEggs

Yeah those skyrim mods are great. And occasionally hilarious.

But between dota 2, starcraft, Rust, and all the FPSs I play... plus emulators. PC is my choice.

GrinningYMIR

I'm a console boy because I like controllers, but I'm a PC guy because I like RTS and some of the mods.

Depends on the game though
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on May 29, 2014, 12:39:49 AM
I'm a console boy because I like controllers, but I'm a PC guy because I like RTS and some of the mods.

Depends on the game though
What RTSs do you play?

Jason78

Is there really any contest?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

PickelledEggs

My gaming PC is also a laptop. It's portable, so it's basically a gameboy or a GameGear

pioteir

PC and nothing else!!! I tried playing Killzone on my PS2 once, shot dead after 5 seconds because I couldn't aim with the damn controller. So PC!
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

SGOS

I have both, but I prefer the PS3 for gaming.

Gawdzilla Sama

If you want a job in the military go console. Just saying.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers