News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fossils Have Discredited Macroevolution!

Started by anonymousMuslim, May 27, 2014, 04:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: anonymousMuslim on May 27, 2014, 05:19:23 PM

Can you give me fossil evidence that macroevolution is true?

Yes. I can also provide evidence that your supposed prophet Mohammad was a pig eating, goat fucking (with a preference bucks) pedophile.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Poison Tree

Oh, quote mining. why that certainly is the foundation of a worthy argument.

Try learning something
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Gawdzilla Sama

Yes there is.

Yep, the eohippus. You'll say that's not evidence, but then you have your head up your ass.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: anonymousMuslim on May 27, 2014, 05:05:41 PM
Why?

Did you read the quotes I quoted? Or watched at least the first 5 minutes of the video?
No, I didn't watch the fucking video because nothing with "macro/microevolution" in the title is worth watching.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on May 27, 2014, 09:24:22 PM
No, I didn't watch the fucking video because nothing with "macro/microevolution" in the title is worth watching.
That and it's a video that is over an hour long.

pioteir

Quote from: Shol'va on May 27, 2014, 06:12:25 PM
Ah yes, microevolution vs macroevolution.
That is akin to saying inches do not add up to a mile.
I would like to know:
-what clear, concise, undisputed, scientific evidence is there to clearly show either the mechanism or the existing biological features that flat out build an evolutionary wall that utterly prevents one species from accumulating too many microevolutionary mutations to make it another species
-the why behind it

Typically, the person raising the argument of "no transitional fossils" or "too few", does not understand what evolution is. Otherwise they would understand that every fossil is a transitional fossil, as well as when scientists talk about transitional fossils, it doesn't mean what they think it means. One species does not have a goal to evolve into another species. There is no end-game.  There is no species that is "done" evolving, or "complete". This isn't like building a castle out of legos.

TOO...  :wall: MUCH...  :eyes: LOGIC!!!  :hang:
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

Atheon

Quote from: anonymousMuslim on May 27, 2014, 04:57:11 PM
Personally, I've began to doubt macroevolution(not micro!) because I haven't yet found a solid proof for it?
"Macroevolution" is nothing more than "microevolution" many times over.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

Yes there is.

Tiktaalik, Archaeopterix, feathered dinosaurs, Ambulocetus, Hyracotherium, Australopithecus... the list goes on.
QuoteOut of all the fossils we've found we can see that those living creatures we have a fossil of, haven't changed a bit.
Some have changed little, others have changed a lot.

QuoteEven though we have fossils of a 500 milllion year old crab (or was it a star fish?) and a 450 million old fossil of a lot of other creatures - who still exist today - we can compare them and see they are still the one and same. No changes. How is this explained, then?
You seem to be under the common creationist misconception that evolutionary theory claims that rates of evolution are constant for all ancestral lines of organisms.

They are not.

Some organisms have changed little over hundreds of millions of years, while others have changed a lot over just a few million years, or even shorter.

You would do well not to listen to creationists. Creationists are liars.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: DunkleSeele on May 27, 2014, 05:13:15 PM
When a video starts with a quote from the Quranal, you know it's shit. Simple as that.
Just checked the source.  Harun Yahya.  (For those who aren't familiar with Muslim creationists, he's pretty much the Islamic world's Ken Ham)

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 28, 2014, 12:22:05 AM
Just checked the source.  Harun Yahya.  (For those who aren't familiar with Muslim creationists, he's pretty much the Islamic world's Ken Ham)
you mean there are two of them? Stupidity really does multiply...

Sent via your mom.

sasuke

Good news everyone! You're not going to convince these idiots by pointing at fossils because:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTOla3TyfqQ

So the best way to get rid of them is to insult/describe their "prophet", as many of you already have.

Shiranu

Muhammad be pearl necklaced, that dude disappeared quick once you guys posted pictures :P.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

DunkleSeele

Quote from: Shiranu on May 28, 2014, 02:12:34 AM
Muhammad be pearl necklaced, that dude disappeared quick once you guys posted pictures :P.
LOL we're such a bunch of meanies... :madu: :evil:

Solitary

If animals don't evolve, where did poodles come from? There were no poodles before mankind was here. Are there poodles talked about in the Old or new testaments. What happened to the unicorns, or burning bushes and donkeys that talk? Where did Lilith, the first woman go after she left Adam? Who were the gods that God spoke to when he forced Adam and Eve from the Garden? Why are mythical people mentioned in the Bible if it isn't a myth too? Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? Think about that one! Religion is so silly it is unbelievable that anyone past 11 years old would believe it is based on facts.  :biggrin2: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Jason78

Quote from: anonymousMuslim on May 27, 2014, 05:05:41 PM
Why?

Did you read the quotes I quoted? Or watched at least the first 5 minutes of the video?

I watched the whole video.  All 1 hour and 3 minutes of it.

Do you have anything to say in your defence?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato