Muslim groups declare jihad on Cadbury eggs

Started by Hydra009, May 27, 2014, 12:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

For those who would know; does the average Muslim really believe that just the smallest accidental contact with pork will lead to eternal damnation, or is this just a way for some Imans to stay relevant and get some power?

Edit; Just saw Atheon's post... still, just because that's what the book says doesn't mean that's what the average person believes :P.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Solitary

It never ceases to amaze me how, really, really, bad, religious people's logic and thinking are, or how primitive they are. It's like they don't believe in evolution because they have not evolved for the last 2,000+ years. The Middle East was the most brilliant country in the world at one time, what happened? The same way this country is dumbing down: from primitive magical thinking.  :wall: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GrinningYMIR

I declare an atheistic-grand Crusade against hummus, take that!

I actually recently talked to a Bosnian Muslim I used to go to school with, and recently found out goes to my College. She and I talked about foods that she is and isn't allowed to eat, and she said technically she doesn't like to eat pork because of her religion, but she also says that some Muslims don't mind as long as you either have a good reason, or don't make it a big habit. She was tentatively eating Pepperoni pizza that day so she must have been hungry.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

stromboli

His holiness the FSM agrees that bacon dipped in chocolate is a worthy dish. Fattening and cholesterol laden, but worthy.

KUSA

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 27, 2014, 11:50:36 PM
considering how awesome horsemeat is.

I would love to eat a horse. How is it on the grill?

Shiranu

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on May 28, 2014, 09:23:55 AM
I declare an atheistic-grand Crusade against hummus, take that!

I actually recently talked to a Bosnian Muslim I used to go to school with, and recently found out goes to my College. She and I talked about foods that she is and isn't allowed to eat, and she said technically she doesn't like to eat pork because of her religion, but she also says that some Muslims don't mind as long as you either have a good reason, or don't make it a big habit. She was tentatively eating Pepperoni pizza that day so she must have been hungry.

Screw you,  hummus can never be banned.  Ban something bad instead!
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: KUSA on May 28, 2014, 12:23:24 PM
Dunno, only ever had the jerky.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on May 28, 2014, 01:23:37 PMScrew you,  hummus can never be banned.  Ban something bad instead!
Black-eyed peas.  Also, Black Eyed Peas.

Moralnihilist

Depending on how its cooked it can be quite good. Off the grill it is AMAZING!
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

DunkleSeele

It's amazing! In fact, over here horse meat is almost always cooked on the grill.

stromboli

Preferably dead.

Native Americans ate their dogs when times got tough. Lots of meat on a horse.

My son ate some camel in Iraq. Said it was pretty tasty.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: DunkleSeele on May 28, 2014, 05:43:28 PM
It's amazing! In fact, over here horse meat is almost always cooked on the grill.

I'm going to stick with my pig.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: stromboli on May 28, 2014, 05:55:05 PM
Preferably dead.

Native Americans ate their dogs when times got tough. Lots of meat on a horse.

My son ate some camel in Iraq. Said it was pretty tasty.
I hate camel in Dubai. Tasty, but a bit hard to chew.

The best meat I had was bear cooked on a hot slate. Freaking awesome!

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 27, 2014, 11:50:36 PM
I suppose I shouldn't be too scornful, considering the great anglo horsemeat freakout.  I don't really understand that either considering how awesome horsemeat is.  Seriously.  You guys don't know what you're missing out on.  If anything, there should be more horsemeat in the burgers, not less.  :P

And then there was some story about how human DNA is sometimes in pork because slaughterhouse workers occasionally cut themselves on the job.  And not a single case of vampirism reported so far.  *wry smirk revealing fangs*
Oh fuck! I bet you breath air too! :eek:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Try sea gull! It's yummy! It tastes like chicken left in a plastic bag in the back yard over the weekend in july in Texas.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.