News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Yet another mass shooting

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, May 24, 2014, 09:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

This time in California, 7 dead.  Just keep on putting more guns in the hands of maniacs.
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-80300113/
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Just a maniac Shoe. We have a few over here and they all but give guns to them.

DunkleSeele

Don't you all understand? It's all the fault of those dead people for not being armed themselves and shoot down the aggressor. We need more arms. MORE ARMS, I TELL YOU!

Seriously though... when will the US government understand that the situation is getting out of hand? How many more casualties do they need?

Green Bottle

Seen this on the news , senseless loss of life, but how do u stop this sort of thing happening, as u can never tell when some nutter will take his gun/s an decide he's gonna kill ppl today............
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Shiranu

Quote from: 10 Green Bottles..... on May 24, 2014, 06:37:08 PM
Seen this on the news , senseless loss of life, but how do u stop this sort of thing happening, as u can never tell when some nutter will take his gun/s an decide he's gonna kill ppl today............

You can start by not letting every nutter having access to 900 different types of pistols, shotguns and rifles that he can drive to his local walmart and buy with little to no paperwork, for one..
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mermaid

I can't bring myself to watch the YouTube video the guy made about how he was going to kill women because he can't get a date. It is so terrifying that I have no words for it. I hope I don't have nightmares.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 25, 2014, 02:39:26 AM
It shouldn't be so hard to track him down. Probably they are already looking for him. These things are very rare, don't feel so scared.
He's dead.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

baronvonrort

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 24, 2014, 09:31:05 AM
This time in California, 7 dead.  Just keep on putting more guns in the hands of maniacs.

3 of them were killed with a knife, he shot 3 dead and killed himself with a gunshot.
Why does the knife get no mention in this from the gun grabbers?

His parents warned authorities, why is there no mention of the failure of his parents warning?
After reading his manifesto he was upset at being a virgin and being rejected by women, are there no hookers in California?

The gun laws are pretty strict in California, do you think any more restrictions will make any difference to these mentally ill people?

Shiranu

Quote3 of them were killed with a knife, he shot 3 dead and killed himself with a gunshot.
Why does the knife get no mention in this from the gun grabbers?

That is something I would like to know as well, though the sites I read it on were from "non-gun-grabbers" (I don't know any gun grabbers off hand, just regulators...). Seems like a decent bit of info to know

QuoteHis parents warned authorities, why is there no mention of the failure of his parents warning?

I have seen that the cops had investigated him before and did nothing, so that has been mentioned (if not in this article, in the two that I read. This one I haven't seen yet).

QuoteAfter reading his manifesto he was upset at being a virgin and being rejected by women, are there no hookers in California?

That probably wouldn't have changed anything, I have the feeling he was probably a bit loose in the mind without that.

QuoteThe gun laws are pretty strict in California, do you think any more restrictions will make any difference to these mentally ill people?

Some, perhaps a decent bit, but the real problem is that even if it's illegal in California you could hop the borders to the north, east or south and bring in what ever guns you desired.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

josephpalazzo

Moore said recently in a Facebook post.

"Everything I have to say about this, I said it 12 years ago: We are a people easily manipulated by fear which causes us to arm ourselves with a quarter BILLION guns in our homes that are often easily accessible to young people, burglars, the mentally ill and anyone who momentarily snaps. We are a nation founded in violence, grew our borders through violence, and allow men in power to use violence around the world to further our so-called American (corporate) 'interests.' The gun, not the eagle, is our true national symbol."

What does it mean when one of the country’s loudest anti-gun advocates throws up his hands and unofficially declares his mission a failure?

AllPurposeAtheist

To bad he didn't live and use the stand your ground defense and claim he was afraid he'd die of virginity.

Jason78

I don't understand why his family didn't help him get the professional treatment he so obviously needed?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mermaid

Quote from: Jason78 on May 28, 2014, 04:32:49 AM
I don't understand why his family didn't help him get the professional treatment he so obviously needed?
His own parents reported his very disturbing YouTube videos and he was investigated, and deemed a "nice" man by the authorities.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Gawdzilla Sama

That's IT! I'm never going to mass.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 28, 2014, 08:12:27 AM
That's IT! I'm never going to mass.

Yeah, I was going to say- every time someone says mass shooting I'm thinking of a bunch of dead Catholics.