News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Making meat almost from scratch

Started by PickelledEggs, May 22, 2014, 12:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

The Skeletal Atheist

I've heard about this and as a heartless, evil, murdering meat eater I fully support it and think more funds need to be allocated towards it. The end results are awesome to imagine: cheap, resource efficient meat. We could control the exact fat content, as well as the toughness or tenderness of the meat. It would be space efficient as well; instead of using large fields for grazing or growing the feed for domestic animals we could have much smaller "factories" producing the meat. The fields once used for grazing or growing feed could be used to grow stuff for human consumption or allowed to turn back into forest. Research into this could also spur big advancements for the medical field. Muscles on demand for those who lost muscle due to traumatic injury.

or....we could spend that money on researching homeopathic male enhancement pills...

Edit: oh, and maybe this will make the vegans finally shut up. I doubt it, but maybe.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

No! No! Stem cell generated Cliven's Bundy's!  Don't you see? :eek:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 22, 2014, 02:41:07 AM
No! No! Stem cell generated Cliven's Bundy's!  Don't you see? :eek:
These are masses of muscle with no brains, to get to his level of stupidity you somehow have to get more retarded than that.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

stromboli

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on May 22, 2014, 01:59:06 AM
I've heard about this and as a heartless, evil, murdering meat eater I fully support it and think more funds need to be allocated towards it. The end results are awesome to imagine: cheap, resource efficient meat. We could control the exact fat content, as well as the toughness or tenderness of the meat. It would be space efficient as well; instead of using large fields for grazing or growing the feed for domestic animals we could have much smaller "factories" producing the meat. The fields once used for grazing or growing feed could be used to grow stuff for human consumption or allowed to turn back into forest. Research into this could also spur big advancements for the medical field. Muscles on demand for those who lost muscle due to traumatic injury.

or....we could spend that money on researching homeopathic male enhancement pills...

Edit: oh, and maybe this will make the vegans finally shut up. I doubt it, but maybe.

Yes, but we must never forget that SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!  :eek:

Male enhancement pills? Hey, trust me- being hung is over rated.  :whistle:

Having spent my youth around farms and animals, a lab or warehouse grown food supply does have a certain appeal. If you wonder why, hop on a tractor and go muck out a stockyard.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on May 22, 2014, 01:59:06 AM

If you want world peace, just make XXL dick pills that actually work, that will solve all of the world's problems!
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

AllPurposeAtheist

QuoteIf you want world peace, just make XXL dick pills that actually work, that will solve all of the world's problems!

The first requirement would be a giant time machine so we could all go back to 7th grade.

stromboli

This shit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_(food_substitute)

Soylent. Still working on it, they haven't solved the problems completely. Cost wise it is about equal to an equivalency per person for regular meals.

I was intrigued by the idea originally, but lost interest. You lose a lot with just a liquid diet. The human body is designed to digest solid food, and the physical sensation of eating is part of the satisfaction.

Considering the level of effort and cost going into taking an animal from the pasture to the table and all the steps it takes, I think it is a great idea. But considering the number of people employed in just moving and processing meat, and the powerful corporations involved, I don't expect to see it any time soon.

Berati

QuoteThe product is typically referred to as “schmeat” due to the fact that it grows in sheets.

They definitely need a marketing team. Who the hell is going to stuff schmeat into their mouths?

Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Hydra009

Quote from: Berati on May 22, 2014, 11:12:23 PMThey definitely need a marketing team. Who the hell is going to stuff schmeat into their mouths?
Arby's customers?

AllPurposeAtheist

Ever eat a Banquet 99 cent TV dinner? I'm not confident enough to say those cows ever say moo.