AR-Gov: Asa Hutchinson (R) Turned Away from Polls Because of Voter ID Law

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, May 21, 2014, 12:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zarus tathra

What about people who vote twice? People who say that they're John Smith at one place and Jacob Smith at another? And besides, it's almost a matter of principle that someone should have to conclusively identify themselves before trying to influence the nation.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

Hydra009

Quote from: zarus tathra on July 18, 2014, 11:08:28 PMWhat about people who vote twice? People who say that they're John Smith at one place and Jacob Smith at another?
"What's your name and street address?" followed by "Huh, you're not registered to vote at this precinct."  Almost certainly followed a variably pleasant or unpleasant goodbye.

Nam

Quote from: zarus tathra on July 18, 2014, 11:08:28 PM
What about people who vote twice? People who say that they're John Smith at one place and Jacob Smith at another? And besides, it's almost a matter of principle that someone should have to conclusively identify themselves before trying to influence the nation.

Show me where there is recent evidence (10 years) that's happened? However, no one has stated that fraud doesn't happen, what is being stated in these individual places it isn't rampant enough to where they need to pass a huge law against it.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/map_of_the_week/2012/09/voter_id_laws_a_state_by_state_map_reveals_how_much_voter_fraud_there_is_in_the_united_states_almost_none_.html

These laws are made to keep certain people from voting, and it's not those who commit voter fraud since they virtually are nonexistent.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

zarus tathra

Or maybe fraud is undetectable without an id. It's really easy to bypass the checks because we have something called a PHONE BOOK.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Alaric I on July 10, 2014, 08:19:04 AM
Evidence?
Ahh, I see. Republicans can claim massive voter fraud with no evidence, but when I say voter suppression issues are bullshit I need massive evidence..  I see how that works. In political speech they call that a dog whistle.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Nam

Quote from: zarus tathra on July 19, 2014, 12:08:46 PM
Or maybe fraud is undetectable without an id. It's really easy to bypass the checks because we have something called a PHONE BOOK.

You're an idiot.

-Nam

zarus tathra

DunkleSeele

[mod]
OK Nam, stop calling idiots whoever disagrees with you. You're more than welcome to criticise their arguments or to post your counter-arguments. Personal insults aren't going to be tolerated any more.[/mod]

Hydra009

Try that out.  Let me know how it works out for you.

AllPurposeAtheist

Try explaining exactly how your phone book theory works.
The truth is rubes want to suppress the vote because people of color simply don't support racist and bigoted policies on the mass scale that they would like. They haven't been able to point to a single election where voter fraud played any sort of significant impact, but just keep on believing there are millions of people out there trying to cast fraudulent votes. But hey, if it's THAT big of an issue why won't rubes back the idea of a free national ID for everyone and make voting compulsory if the general public is so behind them? The general public if made to vote in every election would crush the republican party so of course you want to discourage voting as much as possible.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hakurei Reimu

^ This. This is why voter ID laws in practice are election fraud. When we have near 100% voter turnout, then you can talk to me about voter fraud.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Nam

"stop calling idiots whoever disagrees with you. " -- that doesn't make sense. If you're going to go to all that trouble: have it make sense.

Just sayin'.

-Nam

DunkleSeele

Quote from: Nam on July 19, 2014, 05:34:41 PM
"stop calling idiots whoever disagrees with you. " -- that doesn't make sense. If you're going to go to all that trouble: have it make sense.

Just sayin'.

-Nam
You understood it very well. That's what counts.