News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mississippi conservatives

Started by Hydra009, May 14, 2014, 01:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

As a North Carolinian, I sympathize but I'm also delighted that some other state is worse than us.

stromboli

Solitary

I's really hard to believe people can be this stupid and still survive.  :wall:  :sick: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

KUSA

Berati

What do they mean by "the south will rise again" ?
Do they really believe slavery will make a comeback?
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

KUSA

Quote from: Berati on May 14, 2014, 06:21:35 PM

I am curious as to what they mean but I never thought of it as a reference to slavery. I always thought it was just some disgruntled losers running their mouth. 

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Berati on May 14, 2014, 06:21:35 PM
I live in the south. Sometimes I don't even know.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Jason Harvestdancer

When they say "the South will rise again" they don't mean "and slavery will come back with it."  You're adding that part due to your opinion of the speaker.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Gawdzilla Sama

My wife's from Jackson. She's an atheist, a bibliophile, and an astronomy buff.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Berati

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on May 14, 2014, 08:57:09 PM
When they say "the South will rise again" they don't mean "and slavery will come back with it."  You're adding that part due to your opinion of the speaker.
It has nothing to do with my opinion of the speakers. The south was defeated over the issue of slavery. What else could they mean by it?
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 14, 2014, 09:31:47 PM
My wife's from Jackson. She's an atheist, a bibliophile, and an astronomy buff.

Is buff or in the buff?

Contemporary Protestant

the civil war was over states rights, slavery was a serious issue that really magnified the states rights thing, from what I know, the south thought the north was really bossy and wanted freedom to go about their own way(even though their way is considered wrong)

I thought the south will rise again referred to anarchists (oops)

edit

I sympathize with the "i would rather die than take a hand out" mentality, simply because I can see why people would not give up their pride or honor, Im not like that but I understand others are

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 14, 2014, 01:47:23 PM
As a North Carolinian, I sympathize but I'm also delighted that some other state is worse than us.

Depending on the county, it really isn't that different.

Shiranu

QuoteI sympathize with the "i would rather die than take a hand out" mentality, simply because I can see why people would not give up their pride or honor, Im not like that but I understand others are

That's all nice and dandy if it's just you, but when you have a wife and children who are suffering because of your pride... that is no different then parent's who refuse medical treatment for their children because of their faith.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur