This Is Exactly How Karl Rove Works

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, May 13, 2014, 07:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Yeah, I read that earlier. the man is a colossal asshole.

AllPurposeAtheist

That he is and to right wing jerks spreading lies and false rumors is some sort of noble deed unless they're the victims of the same tactics then it's communist propaganda.

Contemporary Protestant

I find it odd that everyone claims that everyone else is liar, who then should we trust?

I'm libertarian because I think the guy who says I want less power is likely the most trustworthy 

aitm

yeah, that's the problem, the people who should have the most power, are those who don't want it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Contemporary Protestant

AllPurposeAtheist

You're delusional if you believe libertarians are going to change the rules of politics and power.  Nobody actually reduces government influence in office, instead they shift the balance to the filthy rich and try to tell us government is off our back while in the meantime we have some bullshit shadowy government robbing us blind.

Contemporary Protestant

I have a general distrust of the government and I don't see how that's delusional

Edit

I don't trust big churches either, if that helps me prove that I'm not delusional

AllPurposeAtheist

It's not government that I mistrust, it's the people in office I mistrust. Eliminating government won't make anyone or anything more trustworthy and in fact creates a vacuum of accountability where the resources are stolen by corporate people because there is a lack of investigative and enforcement powers.

Contemporary Protestant

Good point

Do you believe power corrupts?

Who do u trust to be in power?

AllPurposeAtheist

Power in and of itself doesn't corrupt. That takes people with nefarious agendas to pull that off.  Politics is a nasty business, but in no way do I want it handed over to "private enterprise" because privatization becomes the corrupted power. Look no further than the scam that is for profit prisons or charter schools. I favor transparent progressive politics way beyond handing power over to the likes and ilk of the Rand clan and that hide behind the curtain clown show.

Berati

Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

mnmelt

This is just a despirate attempt by Rove to be relevant again. His tactics just dont work anymore.
Jesus loves me but I still make him wear a condom

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: mnmelt on May 17, 2014, 09:45:49 AM
This is just a despirate attempt by Rove to be relevant again. His tactics just dont work anymore.
His tactics still work, but the problem for Rove is this one came from his own mouth and he doesn't have any credibility left. Spreading false rumors as a smear tactic can be very effective, but once you cry wolf so many times people tend to think you're full of shit.