News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

self-discipline

Started by phattmatt, May 13, 2014, 10:01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattmatt

So obviously no one will hold a job, make a marriage work, have many friends, reach maturity, or support a family if they always speak what is on their mind or always act as they feel inclined to.

However, if an atheist is married to a christian or muslim she shouldnt always keep her beliefs or objections to herself out of fear of offending her husband.

I'm just curious of some of your ways of judging when and when not to excercize self-restraint.

Moralnihilist

Dont insult, preach, or mock your significant other. Expect the same from them. Also if your significant other is afraid to voice their opinions regarding religion or anything for that matter, then something has gone horribly wrong in that relationship.

My wife believes in a god, she isn't a churchy type of person but she believes. This is only one thing about her. I think its kinda cute and silly. She thinks me laughing at my own farts is kinda cute and silly. A healthy relationship is much more than having the same view on religion.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Solitary

Quote from: phattmatt on May 13, 2014, 10:01:54 AM
So obviously no one will hold a job, make a marriage work, have many friends, reach maturity, or support a family if they always speak what is on their mind or always act as they feel inclined to.

However, if an atheist is married to a christian or muslim she shouldnt always keep her beliefs or objections to herself out of fear of offending her husband.

I'm just curious of some of your ways of judging when and when not to excercize self-restraint.

You've said you were diagnosed as being bipolar, it seems to me, from your postings, you are more likely to have severe autism. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

phattmatt

Quote from: Solitary on May 13, 2014, 01:12:19 PM
You've said you were diagnosed as being bipolar, it seems to me, from your postings, you are more likely to have severe autism. Solitary
I have been told I have autism but dont have the diagnosis.

KUSA

Matt you have batshititis. Trust me I am a doctor.

phattmatt

Quote from: KUSA on May 13, 2014, 08:27:40 PM
Matt you have batshititis. Trust me I am a doctor.
where did you go to med school I wonder?

AllPurposeAtheist

Bi-polar, autism, alcoholism, possibly suicidal... Dude, go look up social security attorneys and make a call.  If you can get to Columbus I know a good one.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

phattmatt

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 19, 2014, 03:35:34 PM
Bi-polar, autism, alcoholism, possibly suicidal... Dude, go look up social security attorneys and make a call.  If you can get to Columbus I know a good one.

Only have healthcare in mn.  I know people here and even have a person acting as casemanager till I get a real one.  U r the only person i know in columbus.  How far away is it.  After i finnish step twelve and have a sobriety birthday and a job id be open to visit u.

Will look into ssi lawyer. 

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm not looking for visitors. I get enough clowns here at the Y banging on my door trying to sell me everything from microwave ovens to crack. I didn't know one damned soul here when I got to Columbus.
Columbus is about the same distance from Chicago is from Minneapolis except in the other direction so figure out how far Chicago is then multiply by 2. I just know the help is available, but they won't do it for you. Right now it seems you're expecting the help to just land in your lap. Try prayer if that's the case.

phattmatt

U just more than once suggested I go to columbus .  Np

I dont get u at all.  I'm looking for help.  If there is a shelter whete I dont have to put all my belongings in a bag and getkicked out every morning iI'll go there.  I'll also go to any group home, drug rehab, sober living, or temporary psyche ward.

I hope you stop saying I'm not looking for help.  Its getting on my nerves!

AllPurposeAtheist

The shelters here have lockers. You need your own lock.
I'm getting on your nerves? Awww...
I've lived in shelters so excuse me if I'm a bit skeptical of your bullshit Matt. I've only been around about 2000 homeless guys this past year and a half.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: phattmatt on May 19, 2014, 04:28:10 PM

I dont get u at all.  I'm looking for help.  If there is a shelter whete I dont have to put all my belongings in a bag and getkicked out every morning iI'll go there.  I'll also go to any group home, drug rehab, sober living, or temporary psyche ward.

Matt, did you really look hard for one of those options you mentioned there?

Let me tell you something: as I said, I've been lucky enough to never find myself in a situation like yours. Still I know that, should I ever become homeless, I would personally choose a shelter where I had to put my belongings in a bag and I'd be kicked out in the morning over sleeping outdoors. At least the shelter would provide me with a roof over my head for the night and a shower in the morning. Then again, it's your choice.

phattmatt

I lived in a shelter called ray of hope and even if you had to sleep on the floor you kept your bed and could leave your belongings and they would have incredible ways of making jobs fall right into your lap.  Id go to a place like that now.

At the gum there were lockers but they costed money and to get a locker you need to buy a bed as well.  I imagine it is probably quite affordable however.  I couldnt sleep at night.  I like the shower though.  You dont have to live there to shower

I'll look at the dorothy day center tommorow.  Will be on the streets tonight.  Maybe not tommorow.

phattmatt

Quote from: DunkleSeele on May 19, 2014, 04:46:23 PM
Matt, did you really look hard for one of those options you mentioned there?

Let me tell you something: as I said, I've been lucky enough to never find myself in a situation like yours. Still I know that, should I ever become homeless, I would personally choose a shelter where I had to put my belongings in a bag and I'd be kicked out in the morning over sleeping outdoors. At least the shelter would provide me with a roof over my head for the night and a shower in the morning. Then again, it's your choice.
yes I got to stay at a mental health crisis center.  Insurance only covers one week stay.  I tried to get an extension.  Impossible.  I'm trying to find drug rehab and rode the bus to a place where I could talk to a case manager.  I cld try harder but that doesnt nean I dont give a shit and am not trying to help myself.  Maybe I joined this forum for self hellp