Michele Bachmann delivers insanity with women's museum

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, May 08, 2014, 04:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh this is so good and why rubes just love smacking their own balls with a wooden mallet,  even women rubes. How DARE women want to be recognized for accomplishing anything! :eyes:

QuoteOf course there was going to be opposition to creating the first national women's history museum. Now close your eyes and ask yourself this questionĂ¢â‚¬"who do you suppose had the dumbest opposition to such a thing?

"I rise today in opposition to this bill, because I believe ultimately this museum that will be built on the National Mall, on federal land, will enshrine the radical feminist movement that stands against the pro-life movement, the pro-family movement, and pro-traditional marriage movement,"

[Rep. Michele Bachmann] said on the House floor Wednesday ahead of a vote on the bill.Oh yeah, that's the stuff. That's why we're gonna miss Michele Bachmann when she's gone. She can take any topic, no matter how banal or uncontroversial, and infuse it with an element of paranoia and conspiracy that you or I or the postman would never have dreamed of. She shares this rare ability with only 200 or so other equally insane legislators, which when you think about it is an uncanny coincidence. Wait, though, we haven't even gotten to the best part:

"As it's currently written," she added, "the legislation lacks the necessary safeguards to ensure the proposed museum will not become an ideological shrine to abortion that will eventually receive federal funding and a prominent spot on the National Mall."

Now see there? She's right, of course. You may have never fully understood that the only accomplishment American women have ever made was getting abortions, but Michele Bachmann does, and Michele Bachmann doesn't want to have a museum honoring the accomplishments of women in history if it's just going to be an excuse for Planned Parenthood to run an all-abortion mall in the basement or if they're just going to turn the thing into one tall Abortion Minaret calling the faithful to come celebrate abortions every few hours, or whatever the hell the Michele Bachmanns of the world think will happen if the Michele Bachmanns of the world aren't constantly on guard for such things.

I'm really not sure the 199-ish other batshit insane conspiracy theorists of the House will be able to fill her shoes. If we ever get that museum, I hope there's a diorama featuring Michele Bachmann giving her famous this-building-will-be-an-ideological-shrine-to-abortion speech. You press a button, you hear Michele Bachmann railing against feminism and gay people and abortion. The kids would be lining up for that one.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/05/08/1297857/-Michele-Bachmann-delivers-with-insane-rantings-against-women-s-history-museum
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Aletheia

Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote"As it's currently written," she added, "the legislation lacks the necessary safeguards to ensure the proposed museum will not becWashingtonideological shrine to abortion that will eventually receive federal funding and a prominent spot on the National Mall."

Are you aware NO museum bill has these necessary safeguards to prevent them from becoming ideological abortion shrines? OMG! The Washington  Monument is a tool designed to perform legal abortion and it could be construed to encourage SLUTS to have sex outside of marriage between one man and one woman!  :eek:

stromboli

THIS JUST IN: Republican Party planning to fund "women as baby machines" museum.

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 08, 2014, 05:58:09 PM
Are you aware NO museum bill has these necessary safeguards to prevent them from becoming ideological abortion shrines? OMG! The Washington  Monument is a tool designed to perform legal abortion!  :eek:

And don't forget those natural history museums. They actually show natural history that PROVES EVOLUTION. HOW DARE THEY?

AllPurposeAtheist

You're getting off topic, this is a national crisis in the making up!

stromboli

How about the "Lesbian Left Wing Feminist All Men are Pigs and Should Be Castrated" museum? Hey, just throwing stuff out here.

AllPurposeAtheist

We need congressional bills to prevent the people from breathing oxygen museums. Now THAT'S un-American!

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 08, 2014, 06:53:49 PM
We need congressional bills to prevent the people from breathing oxygen museums. Now THAT'S un-American!

Hey, stick around. A big enough chunk broke off of Antarctica to raise the water level significantly, like ten feet. A few years from now, the Potomac will be backed up to a lake where D.C. now sits. Like to see the Republicans explain that one.

Hydra009

Quote"I rise today in opposition to this bill, because I believe ultimately this museum that will be built on the National Mall, on federal land, will enshrine the radical feminist movement that stands against the pro-life movement, the pro-family movement, and pro-traditional marriage movement,"
I'm counting the days till these headcases start calling themselves the pro-puppy and pro-rainbow movement and their constituents buy it.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on May 08, 2014, 09:45:46 PM
Hey, stick around. A big enough chunk broke off of Antarctica to raise the water level significantly, like ten feet. A few years from now, the Potomac will be backed up to a lake where D.C. now sits. Like to see the Republicans explain that one.
Give it time and Cliven Bundy will be grazing cattle on Hunington Beach.