Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Mathematical Proof there Is No God

Started by stromboli, May 08, 2014, 12:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Casparov

n/0=∞, n being any positive number.

If this is true then we can simplify the equation by multiplying both sides by zero which gives: n=∞*0

This shows that a positive number is the product of zero and infinity. One could argue that this demonstrates the creation of the universe by an infinite power out of nothing.  :wink2:

A further demonstration of mathematically creating something out of nothing is "the null set":

If you have a null set: {}

You can add another null set inside it: {{}}

And the null set inside of the null set becomes a zero: {0}

The zero as a number and a set of itself employs the movement of one from nothing., the negative. Multiplicity ensues however there is no one as Badiou says, only the multiplicity the set of the negative. Of zero.. All of reality thus emerges.

Again this implies the creation of everything from nothing, and also shows that the null set could be the "universal set" the video you offered says does not exist. But of course, the video would be absolutely correct. By definition the null set is "that which does not exist", but from this non-existent set the entirety of everything that does exist emerges.

In conclusion: Nothing exists! (and it is god)
“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein

Hakurei Reimu

Division by zero is illegitimate, hence n/0=∞ is not true for any n. It's simply mathematical nonsense. ∞ isn't even a legit number in any field (which the real numbers form).

The null set is a legitimate set, and it exists in any universe of discourse involving sets. Hence it is by definition not the universal set because the null set doesn't contain anything, including itself, and the universal set has to contain everything by definition. Furthermore, the null set is NOT by definition "that which does not exist" â€" it's just the set with no elements as members. The set of "that which does not exist" would be chock full of elements. The set containing the empty set is a distinct set, not the empty set â€" it contains a single member: the empty set.

So both of your lines of reasoning fail, and you've here demonstrated another two subjects you don't know: set theory and real analysis.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

stromboli

This is exactly what I knew would happen when I posted this.

Hakurei Reimu

You don't need a crystal ball to predict the obvious.
(she bites!)

Jason78

Quote from: stromboli on May 08, 2014, 12:39:58 AM
I'll just leave this here........

It's true.   There's no subject you can raise that Casparov can't turn into evidence for his pet theory.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Solitary

Casparov logic: "----5,1,4,1,3---Done!"  Observer: You look exhausted, what have you been doing? Casparov: "Reciting the complex decimal of pi backwards.  :liar: :eek: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

I still maintain that English is a second language with Casparov. Apparently math is also.  :biggrin:

Solitary

More math from Casparov: Let X=1. Then x is also equal  to 0, and I can prove it!

x=1 Multiply both sides by x. x squared =x

Subtract 1 from each side. x squared-1=x-1

Divide each side by x-1. x squared over x-1. equals  x-1 over x-1.

x+1=1 Subtract 1 from each side.  x=0 It's all mental!

Solitary

Quote from: stromboli on May 08, 2014, 12:35:31 PM
I still maintain that English is a second language with Casparov. Apparently math is also.  :biggrin:

He doesn't even know the rules of basic algebra.  Solitary

Solitary

QuoteDivision by zero is illegitimate

Casparov:"Says you!"

I can show that n is = to zero.
If x=n, then multiply by x.
x squared =nx.
Subtract n squared from each side =x squared-n squared=nx-n squared.

Divide each side by x-n=x+n=n.  Subtract n from each side=x=zero. This is proof is it not?

Hakurei Reimu

I know you posted that as a joke, but I don't put it past Casper to completely misunderstand what you wrote, and not understand why it's illegitimate. You never know with his ilk.
(she bites!)

Casparov

Settle down lol You people take everything too seriously. Obviously I don't think these are good arguments for the existence of god any more than I think this video is a good argument for the non-existence of god. It's just interesting. Drink less coffee.

Solitary posted this as a joke and I responded as a joke. Simmer down
“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein

Hakurei Reimu

Don't worry, we're not taking you too seriously.  :whistle:
(she bites!)

stromboli