News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

How do I cease to exist?

Started by johnson, May 03, 2014, 09:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Casparov on May 05, 2014, 03:08:45 AM
i hate to break it to you but you can't not exist. It's impossible. There is no such thing as death. You are immortal. Existence is the one thing you can't run away from, your only option is to face existence head on and learn and grow and evolve. The longer you put the this off, longer you continue to suffer.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

stromboli

Yeah. You can ignore Casparov. He is just raining on your parade. If you decide to end it, get creative. Go out in a way that makes a statement. Leave a killer (joking)  suicide note or at least die in a memorable way. Think dynamite versus heroin. Go out with a bang, not a whimper.

KUSA

You are immortal.

How about a brief explanation of this? I say brief because you tend to be absurdly long winded with your idiotic babble and it bores me.

stromboli

Quote from: KUSA on May 05, 2014, 12:58:19 PM
How about a brief explanation of this? I say brief because you tend to be absurdly long winded with your idiotic babble and it bores me.

True dat. The dude is a one man woo machine

stromboli

Long winded? I spent 4 years on submarines. This guy could last a whole patrol on one breath.

johnson

Quote from: Bibliofagus on May 05, 2014, 11:04:32 AM
You sound very stupid now.
You just told me you used to feel even worse.
No. I said that I don't like when children want to die. I don't think children should suffer. It's better if old people die instead of young people. But the fact that children want to die means there is something not right in the world.

the_antithesis

Quote from: johnson on May 05, 2014, 02:24:47 PM
No. I said that I don't like when children want to die. I don't think children should suffer. It's better if old people die instead of young people. But the fact that children want to die means there is something not right in the world.

Yes. It's the world that's the problem.

[/sarcasm]

johnson

Quote from: the_antithesis on May 05, 2014, 02:37:56 PM
Yes. It's the world that's the problem.

[/sarcasm]
And you think it's not?

Solitary

Quote from: johnson on May 03, 2014, 09:57:15 PM
I don't like living. I don't like world. I don't like people. I don't like existing.
I do not want to exist anymore. I want to stop existing in any way, shape or form.
I want to NO LONGER EXIST. It's the ONLY thing that I want.
However some people say that it is impossible. And it kinda pisses me off.
I want to die but I fear that death is not the end. There might be some kind of set up like I might wake up in some another place where dying is in fact impossible. I don't like that.

So what is the likelihood that when I die I will no longer exist? There are many stupid people who say different versions of afterlife all of which I hate. I don't want any afterlife AT ALL.

Also I am not misanthrope or anything. If you like existing that's good for you. But I don't. I want this to end.

Also I have concern that different ways of dying give different chances of not existing. Which is kind of stupid but I seem to be concerned about it as well.

Anyway I want to stop existing. How do I reach that? All I have to do is die?

"I don't like people"
"Also I am not misanthrope"

You do know this is a contradiction don't you? The thought of suicide has got me through many a bad time. But why not be happy since your life will definitely end, and if it doesn't, be happy it didn't. I have had PTSD most of my life for multiple traumatic events and understand your wanting to be dead, but I finally got help and am taking medication that has really made all the difference. Get help, and try to think good thoughts and not bad ones. If it is a work, the world situation or the stupidity of mankind, or marriage that makes you want to die, then find an answer by quitting work after finding a job you like, ort get a divorce, and quit listening to the news and take a walk alone in the natural world and enjoy how beautiful it is, and just laugh at the stupid people and make fun of them and their nonsense. You have the will to live, use it, don't abuse it.

Also, if you think of things harmful to your body it will kick up anxiety and feelings of dread. The body reacts to your thoughts like they are real, if you control your thoughts and think of the good things in life it won't become a vicious circle of negative emotions like panic attacks that are a living hell. Smile, there is no hell after you are dead. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

the_antithesis

Quote from: johnson on May 05, 2014, 02:43:19 PM
And you think it's not?

Much like how you are the only common element in all of your failed relationships. It is so like a teenager to think there's a problem with the world when they are depressed. To quote someone, the rain is not cold. The rain is not unhappy. You are cold and unhappy. If so many children are suicidal, the problem lies more with them than the world. More likely they just can't handle growing up, or don't want to and don't think they should have to. Rather childish, actually.

Solitary

i hate to break it to you but you can't not exist. It's impossible. There is no such thing as death. You are immortal. Existence is the one thing you can't run away from, your only option is to face existence head on and learn and grow and evolve. The longer you put the this off, longer you continue to suffer.

Casparov, Just walk in front of a freight train and be reborn if you think that is true.  Idiot! Solitary 
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Bibliofagus

No. I said that I don't like when children want to die.

Erm no you didn't. But whatever.

But the fact that children want to die means there is something not right in the world.

Kids with real problems (like hunger, or a life threatening disease) I meet have a strong wish to live. It's spoiled kids - like you - who want to die. Most of these - like you - are just too lazy to make an effort at having a good life. Like antithesis said: The common factor in your failed interaction with the world is you.
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

Johan

Quote from: johnson on May 05, 2014, 08:19:38 AM
You sound very stupid now.

Alrighty then. Sorry I tried to help. Don't worry it won't happen again. Good luck with that whole wanting to off yourself thing then.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Moralnihilist

Quote from: johnson on May 05, 2014, 02:43:19 PM
And you think it's not?

So eat a bullet.
Or dont.
I don't care  either way.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Shol'va

To op:  the ONLY choice you have is to roll  the dice, one way or the other.