Bigfoot DNA study finally published!

Started by widdershins, February 14, 2013, 06:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

It's pretty much as we all thought.  The article is here.  The "scientific journal" which published it?  DeNovo Scientific Journal.  This paper is the only one it has ever published.  Literally nobody subscribes to it.  The journal is about 3 weeks old and there is no evidence whatsoever of a peer review process.  In other words, it's bullshit, as we all knew it would be.
This sentence is a lie...

stromboli

moog

Having to create an entirely new "journal" to publish your "research" really shows the quality of it.

Hakurei Reimu

No serious scientific content has ever intersected with the name "Ketchum."
[spoil:1kw3s5jq][/spoil:1kw3s5jq]
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Agramon

Quote from: "Hakurei Reimu"No serious scientific content has ever intersected with the name "Ketchum."
[spoil:inc29yxi][/spoil:inc29yxi]
Oh my god. After all these years I just now made the connection with his last name.
[spoil:inc29yxi][/spoil:inc29yxi]
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Thumpalumpacus

<insert witty aphorism here>

stromboli

Bigfoot is like god- lack of evidence is not evidence, and there are just enough tantalizing findings-footprints- which is comparable to refrigerator mold images of Jesus. Cryptozoologists are like a priesthood that keeps the whole thing alive.

widdershins

For anyone interested, a copy of the "peer reviewed journal" can be purchased on her web site for $30.  I'm sure the excessive price and the fact that it's being sold directly by the only people to ever publish an article in it are both simple coincidence.

SGOS

Quote from: "widdershins"It's pretty much as we all thought.  The article is here.  The "scientific journal" which published it?  DeNovo Scientific Journal.
Well, there you go.  It's in the "DeNovo."  No one has ever proven them wrong, and this is DNA evidence, mind you, not some crummy video.

Jutter

Imagine examining biggfoot toe-jam, foot-cheese, and bigg-assed-smelly-sashquatch-toenails.

You'd have to want to milk the floaty woowoo crowd REAL bad.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

NitzWalsh

When the real peer reviewers reject your stuff you have to make your own.

I should write one about the cosmic hippo that farted the universe into existence.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

moog

Here a group of Biologists discuss (and mock) this 'paper'.

[youtube:yispyfcq]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LTjxSs3zzg[/youtube:yispyfcq]

BlackL1ght

Quote from: "Hakurei Reimu"No serious scientific content has ever intersected with the name "Ketchum."
[spoil:1vl91kji][ Image ][/spoil:1vl91kji]
Hey now, there's tons of evidence for pokemon!
Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Brian37

Man our species is fucked up.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

widdershins

Quote from: "moog"Here a group of Biologists discuss (and mock) this 'paper'.
Mildly amusing.  I never realized before, though, that scientists make geeks look exciting.