Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Proof for god - Checkmate atheists!

Started by blargg, April 29, 2014, 07:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blargg

~ god works in mysterious ways doesn't exist ~

blargg

Posted this well over 5 minutes ago, you all stunned or something?

GalacticBusDriver

Which part is supposed to be proof for gawd? The fact that she fell off a cathedral (where was gawd if not at church?!?) or the fact that humans rescued her?!?

Stunned, definitely. Stunned by the dumbest fucking "proof" ever.
"We should admire Prometheus, not Zues...Job, not Jehovah. Becoming a god, or godlike being, is selling out to the enemy. From the Greeks to the Norse to the Garden of Eden, gods are capricious assholes with impulse control problems. Joining their ranks would be a step down."

From "Radiant" by James Alan Gardner

SGOS

Quote from: God on April 29, 2014, 08:06:07 PM
Posted this well over 5 minutes ago, you all stunned or something?
If you haven't noticed, few people are on line at this time of day.  It's my time for the internet, but nobody is here.  Aside from that, I don't have much to say about the incident, but after I figured out was going on, I hop skipped and jumped my way to the end.  Did I miss an opportunity to comment on something interesting, controversial, or miraculous?

stromboli

blargg

Quote from: SGOS on April 29, 2014, 08:32:42 PM
Did I miss an opportunity to comment on something interesting, controversial, or miraculous?

1) Person is in great danger.
2) People pray hard.
3) God rescues person.

Important conclusion: God is real and he listens to our prayer.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: God on April 30, 2014, 05:28:10 AM
0) God puts person in situation where she can get killed.
2) People pray hard.
3) God rescues person.
4) God is a egotistical prick.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: God on April 30, 2014, 05:28:10 AM
2) People pray hard.
3) God rescues person.

God, I have not been able to tell whether you are (1) a theist, or (2) an atheist doing a parody of a theist.  Your fun filled "wacky logic" could have been a portion of the Rocky and Bullwinkle program back in the 60s.  It could be the vignette called "Bullwinkle's Fractured Logic." 

Let's assume that you are a theist and that you actually view your 3 sentence syllogism as a logical argument.  Just a comment or two.  Your "Important conclusion:" is unnecessary.  That "God is real" is already clearly stated in number three.  It's called begging the question (working toward a conclusion by inserting the answer).

What your syllogism distills down to is the following:

God is real
Therefore, God is real

This is classic theism.  When we ask a theist for proof in this forum, he frequently offers no proof, but simply restates his claim.  It happens so often that it's clear that such theists use a special logic from a chapter in their handbook, "How to Create a Sentence that Sounds Like it Means Something".

The second part of your conclusion, that "God listens to our prayers" is not supported by any one of your premises.  Now a god may indeed rescue a person, but from what you wrote, there is nothing to suggest that he listens to prayers.  Hey you wrote the damn premises.  At least write one that supports the conclusion.  How hard can that be?  Something like:

God listens to our prayers.
Therefore, God listens to our prayers.

Well, we are not quite there yet, but remember this is Bullwinkle Logic.  Bullwinkle Logic, just as Theist Logic, does not have to actually be logical.  Its purpose is to be entertaining, and perhaps even confound an occasional atheist to the point where he freaks out and bashes his head against the wall while screaming something like, "Its a madhouse."

stromboli

Quote from: SGOS on April 30, 2014, 08:55:03 AM
God, I have not been able to tell whether you are (1) a theist, or (2) an atheist doing a parody of a theist.  Your fun filled "wacky logic" could have been a portion of the Rocky and Bullwinkle program back in the 60s.  It could be the vignette called "Bullwinkle's Fractured Logic." 

Let's assume that you are a theist and that you actually view your 3 sentence syllogism as a logical argument.  Just a comment or two.  Your "Important conclusion:" is unnecessary.  That "God is real" is already clearly stated in number three.  It's called begging the question (working toward a conclusion by inserting the answer).

What your syllogism distills down to is the following:

God is real
Therefore, God is real

This is classic theism.  When we ask a theist for proof in this forum, he frequently offers no proof, but simply restates his claim.  It happens so often that it's clear that such theists use a special logic from a chapter in their handbook, "How to Create a Sentence that Sounds Like it Means Something".

The second part of your conclusion, that "God listens to our prayers" is not supported by any one of your premises.  Now a god may indeed rescue a person, but from what you wrote, there is nothing to suggest that he listens to prayers.  Hey you wrote the damn premises.  At least write one that supports the conclusion.  How hard can that be?  Something like:

God listens to our prayers.
Therefore, God listens to our prayers.

Well, we are not quite there yet, but remember this is Bullwinkle Logic.  Bullwinkle Logic, just as Theist Logic, does not have to actually be logical.  Its purpose is to be entertaining, and perhaps even confound an occasional atheist to the point where he freaks out and bashes his head against the wall while screaming something like, "Its a madhouse."

Or he might just be a troll.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

KUSA

So god saves a 68 year old woman but let's countless innocent children die each year. What a dick.

stromboli

PickelledEggs

I always wonder, if god exists, why do miracles only happen out of a supposed tragedy, like people ALMOST kicking the bucket.

I tried to think of a miracle though and anything other than fix the mess he made/let happen in the first place like fix worldwide poverty, illness... etc wouldn't really impress me...

Maybe if he gave people the power to spontaneously compose a pizza out of thin air... but still... he would have to prove that it's him that gave us the power in the first place.

StupidWiz

I'm pretty sure it's a troll, forgive me god for saying so.  :pray: :pray: :pray:
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: stromboli on April 30, 2014, 10:05:52 AM
Or he might just be a troll.

If the Christian God were true, he'd be the biggest troll in existence. So I guess that as far as that goes he's playing the part perfectly.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.