News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Are We Real?

Started by Solitary, April 28, 2014, 12:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PopeyesPappy

Is there any reason for me to behave any differently than I do under the assumption that we real real even if we aren't?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

the_antithesis

I'm real bored.

Also real horny.

I guess I'll go on a real shooting spree.

But not really.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

aitm

I matter, you're immaterial.....get it? LOLOL....oh I kill myself sometimes..
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shol'va

"Are we real?"

Casparov strikes again

PickelledEggs

I have some home movies on a reel. Does that matter?

Sent via your mom

KUSA

I am real. God is not. That's all I need to know.

Berati

If I feel real does it really matter that matter may not be real.

I feel therefore I'm real

Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

antediluvian

I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

Casparov

This is the wrong question. Of course we are real! Whether we are living in a simulation or exist in an external objective material reality, we are real either way. The better question is, "Is Materialism true?" The answer is a resounding "NO", Materialism was a good approximation that got us by for quite a long time just like flat earth theory and geocentric universe theory did before it. It is becoming increasingly apparent that Materialism is in it's death throws and will soon be replaced by a virtual reality model of reality within the framework of Idealism.

First it will be granted that virtual reality is a superior model, but people will still maintain that it is simulated in a material reality on a material computer to save their cherished belief in Materialism for just a little while longer.

Then, after getting used to the idea of loosening one's grip on Materialism, it will be granted that the computer that is simulating this reality is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the computer.

It is only a matter of time. It will be a long drawn out fight against belief, but in the end reason will prevail. Enjoy the ride.
“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein