Previous topic - Next topic

oliver

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 07, 2014, 10:11:57 AM
Welcome to the forum, troll.

Thank you but I've been here awhile already..  give up the troll thing already

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 10:18:22 AM
Thank you but I've been here awhile already..  give up the troll thing already
I  was about to suggest you do the same thing.

Then I read more of your posts. Hopeless.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Moralnihilist

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 04:12:02 AMImagine how a country could be transformed in this manner or even on a larger scale, the world..

Its been done several times. We call this area of the world the Middle East. And last time I checked that area was a shithole.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Nam

Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Solitary

:wtff:Why is it that the most annoying people that come here have the most insane looking self portrait avatars?  :butt:  :axe:  :rotflmao: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

oliver

Quote from: Solitary on August 07, 2014, 11:51:43 AM
:wtff:Why is it that the most annoying people that come here have the most insane looking self portrait avatars?  :butt:  :axe:  :rotflmao: Solitary
elaborate please..  it's nice to know who you're looking at.  Some of the most annoying people that come here have the most inane looking avatars.  What with the childish emoticons anyway.. stupid!

oliver

Quote from: Moralnihilist on August 07, 2014, 11:14:20 AM
Its been done several times. We call this area of the world the Middle East. And last time I checked that area was a shithole.

well you tell me what is the predominant religion in that part of the world then, maybe you'll understand a bit better.  We can go further with this one if you so wish. I'd love to get into the Israel/Palestine conflict too, help you understand what is happening there and why it is happening.

Desdinova

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 12:09:43 PM
well you tell me what is the predominant religion in that part of the world then, maybe you'll understand a bit better.  We can go further with this one if you so wish

It's based on the same type of goat herder fairy tales yours is.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 12:09:43 PMhelp you understand what is happening there and why it is happening.

Arrogant little fuck, ain't you.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

oliver

Quote from: Desdinova on August 07, 2014, 12:17:16 PM

It's based on the same type of goat herder fairy tales yours is.

very clever of you

oliver

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 07, 2014, 12:18:05 PM
Arrogant little fuck, ain't you.
swearing doesn't do it for me..  apologies if I sounded condescending

Desdinova

well you tell me what is the predominant religion in that part of the world then, maybe you'll understand a bit better.  We can go further with this one if you so wish. I'd love to get into the Israel/Palestine conflict too, help you understand what is happening there and why it is happening.

No explaining necessary. 

Follow the gourd! 
No! Follow the sandal! 
No! The gourd is the way! 
Die infidel!
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 12:22:13 PM
swearing doesn't do it for me..  apologies if I sounded condescending
Oh lawzy me, I done gonna faint!
PZ Myers

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Moralnihilist

Since this is your first discussion with me, Ill let your ignorance slide. You could not hope to educate me on the goings on in the Middle East. Not from a military perspective(6 years as a Navy EOD) nor from a historical perspective(PhD in history) nor from a political standpoint(I have cable and watch lots of news). 

Now on to the rest of your post...

So what you are saying is that if everyone in the world believed in the same nonsense that you do then the world would be a better place? And would this nonsense be the same lovable group that brought us things like: The Inquisition(something that by the way was only called off during the 1970's), the crusades, witch "trails", and of course my personal favorite the banning of safe sex practices in third world countries plagued by AIDS(lest you think that all the bad crap is in the past)?

Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.