News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Bible thumpers are back.

Started by PickelledEggs, April 27, 2014, 04:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Nam on August 07, 2014, 01:29:02 AM
How about you cite your sources. You cite yours, I'll cite mine. Oh, and the criteria should be non-biased. This means if the people who created the poll intentially skewered it to favor their view you can't use that as a source.

-Nam
He's in purgatory now. I gave him his warning and he kept spamming.

Nam

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 07, 2014, 01:30:35 AM

Dammit.

You're no fun.

:sad:

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

PickelledEggs

You are a troll keeper, aren't you? I only did it so if you want to fuck with him, he's still not completely banned and he can still post in purgatory. I understand that we need our chewtoys now and then, but he just span way out of control too fast and not everyone in the forum enjoys that.

If you notice, the second a troll comes in here and starts pissing everyone off, we also start going at each other's throats. If you want I can try to spit his post in to purgatory so you can reply to it there and rip him apart like the chewtoy he is :biggrin:

oliver

A story I've heard of so many times is that of criminals and general misfits in society giving their life to God.. It is a transformation that cannot be matched by any worldly institution.  The change in these peoples lives are profound, they now have self-worth and a reason to be accountable for their actions.   Imagine how a country could be transformed in this manner or even on a larger scale, the world..  this change couldn't come sooner considering the problems we face today.

Hydra009

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 04:12:02 AMA story I've heard of so many times is that of criminals and general misfits in society giving their life to God.. It is a transformation that cannot be matched by any worldly institution.
That's definitely the sales pitch.  However, people change their lives all the time and it's disproportionately the super religious ones with a story to tell.  People like interesting stories.  And people like stories that reinforce what they already believe.  And in them, they find both.  Plain ol' personal responsibility and determination just doesn't hold a candle to magic.

Nam

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 04:12:02 AM
A story I've heard of so many times is that of criminals and general misfits in society giving their life to God.. It is a transformation that cannot be matched by any worldly institution.  The change in these peoples lives are profound, they now have self-worth and a reason to be accountable for their actions.   Imagine how a country could be transformed in this manner or even on a larger scale, the world..  this change couldn't come sooner considering the problems we face today.

Nonsense.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

oliver

oliver

Nam, your avatar is offensive by the way.  No offence :)

Gawdzilla Sama

So, how about all the criminals in the prisons who are already Christians? Religious (or claiming to be religious) prisoners make up the vast majority of convicts. The rare instances of people "going straight" because they found religious makes me want to ask why it didn't work before they became criminals.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Desdinova

"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

oliver

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 07, 2014, 07:18:13 AM
So, how about all the criminals in the prisons who are already Christians? Religious (or claiming to be religious) prisoners make up the vast majority of convicts. The rare instances of people "going straight" because they found religious makes me want to ask why it didn't work before they became criminals.

forget about them.. everybody has their own issues to deal with. 

PickelledEggs

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 07:14:03 AM
Nam, your avatar is offensive by the way.  No offence :)

I think Numbers 31 is offensive.

Sent from your mom

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: oliver on August 07, 2014, 09:27:18 AM
forget about them.. everybody has their own issues to deal with. 
Welcome to the forum, troll.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Desdinova

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 07, 2014, 01:30:35 AM

Your power makes me wet.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate