Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Bible thumpers are back.

Started by PickelledEggs, April 27, 2014, 04:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: oliver on August 01, 2014, 03:21:08 PM
you mean a higher niche in the forum
Why do you think you are qualified to tell me what I mean?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: oliver on August 01, 2014, 03:28:57 PM
which people?  Are you talking about people of Faith?  Why do you consider yourself so high and mighty then?

You have an amazing gift for extrapolation. the topic was street corner religious demonstraters; that would be "these people." And the simple statement I made was concerning them. I did not, at any point, indicate I was above them. I was making a comparison.

And if you don't want to look up extrapolation, try jumping to conclusions.

aitm

Quote from: oliver on August 01, 2014, 03:10:18 PM
.  atheists, it seems, will fuck up everything.

yeah I am sure you are quite the expert on atheists.....but yet missed the whole Westboro church of ....whatever the fuck they are. Good for you. Blind obedience is still...fucking blind.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: oliver on August 01, 2014, 03:28:57 PM
which people?  Are you talking about people of Faith?  Why do you consider yourself so high and mighty then?

People of faith? Faith is belief in something you can't prove. Now substitute those people with people supporting the Church of Satan. those are people of faith. do you support and believe in them? If your answer is no, then you are one religion away from being an atheist.

stromboli

South African. apartheid much? Seems the whole racist thing hasn't gone away.
http://blogs.24.com/jeanius/2013/08/10/racism-is-alive-and-well-in-south-africa/

QuoteRacial discrimination remains widespread at most South African universities, despite many policies aimed at redressing the bitter legacy of Apartheid. In 2008 four students at the University of Free State made a racist video that created an international uproar. While during the same year in April, it was reported that black students at the University of Johannesburg had allegedly been assaulted by their white counterparts while at a university bar.

Xolani Mkhwemnte chairperson of the South African Students’ Congress told the Johannesburg based Star newspaper that black students at the university’s Kingsway campus had been beaten by white students in a bar at a hall of residence. He said the harassment of black students walking home at night and the verbal and physical abuse of senior black student members had become common.

Here's a thought, theist boy. Why don't you clean the shit out of your own nest before you come here and shit in ours.

PickelledEggs

I'm too drunk right now to deal with your shit, Oliver. All I'm going to say is freedom of speech is also freedom for me to tell them that what they are peddling is completely fucked and delusional.

Sent from your mom

PickelledEggs

Stromboli, did I comment yet on how awesome underboob is? Good form on your part with that avatar. Very good form.

stromboli

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 02, 2014, 01:24:20 AM
Stromboli, did I comment yet on how awesome underboob is? Good form on your part with that avatar. Very good form.

You did, actually. But thanks again. comments about "drunk posting" later.  :biggrin:

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 27, 2014, 04:43:52 PM
The devil gives God his business.

I like the devil, he's actually a sexy guy.

Woof!!
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Mermaid

Quote from: oliver on August 01, 2014, 01:39:48 PM
Just reveals how lacking Atheists are in sympathy, I'm sure they lack in many other ways too.  What is wrong with 'our thoughts and prayers'?  it is the best response for the given situation.
Your reasoning here is fundamentally incorrect, and a demonstration of how narrow-mindedness causes conflict amongst people.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 02, 2014, 12:50:44 AM
I'm too drunk right now to deal with your shit, Oliver. All I'm going to say is freedom of speech is also freedom for me to tell them that what they are peddling is completely fucked and delusional.

Sent from your mom

PROOF that atheists are drunks!
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Solitary

We all have our way to deal with ignorance, drinking, or being ignorant with God.  :fU: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

Quote from: Solitary on August 02, 2014, 04:06:40 PM
We all have our way to deal with ignorance, drinking, or being ignorant with God.  :fU: Solitary

I've been told before that I'm ignorant for not understanding the bible or god.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

I was told I'm too stupid to imagine God by a coworker. I told him I'm smart enough I can imagine him in hell .  :super:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Solitary on August 02, 2014, 04:13:06 PM
I was told I'm too stupid to imagine God by a coworker. I told him I'm smart enough I can imagine him in hell .  :super:
How smart does one have to be to create an imaginary friend that, in reality, does nothing for them?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers