News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Net Neutrality 2014

Started by wolf39us, April 27, 2014, 07:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

If some companies start limiting people's access the companies that don't will be seeing a surge in business. I'm ready to jump ship in a heartbeat. (Also, AT&T has a policy of requiring everyone on a block to switch to Uverse if two people on that block do so. If that happens they lose my business.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 27, 2014, 08:40:41 AM
If some companies start limiting people's access the companies that don't will be seeing a surge in business. I'm ready to jump ship in a heartbeat. (Also, AT&T has a policy of requiring everyone on a block to switch to Uverse if two people on that block do so. If that happens they lose my business.)
How in the hell can a private company force that on people? Fuck you, I'm not going to buy your product.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 29, 2014, 05:35:29 PM
How in the hell can a private company force that on people? Fuck you, I'm not going to buy your product.
It's that simple. They will only provide Uverse service if two people on a block switch, and we're on a rather large "block". Luckily contract time is up, so I can drop them like a bad habit. I wonder what DISH's policy is on this? I wonder if I can get an honest answer?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

SGOS

Quote from: wolf39us on April 27, 2014, 07:21:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZMHcnupioc
Excellent video. 

Getting rid of net neutrality basically opens the door for more monopolies, but that may not be the worst part.  It allows corporations and the government to control the flow and content of information.  If anyone thinks that fits well with the concepts of democracy and freedom, they would have to be addlebrained. 

Having that kind of power prevents others from making informed decisions.  It results in us knowing only what someone else wants us to know.  But this is not a shocking thing.  Our country, and the world is built on corporations and our government manipulating us with lies and propaganda.  They've been doing that to us for years, and our judicial system has been upholding the immorality of it all.