News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I hope this is a good forum :)

Started by Arellius, April 26, 2014, 01:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arellius

Hi everyone,

My name is Arellius, 25 and I am an Atheist. Born and raised in Amsterdam with a Scottish background (ethnicity).

Nowadays I travel allot, this year I've been to Kenya, Portugal, been in Montréal for six days and before this I was in Las Vegas for a couple weeks and in about a week I'm going to NYC then back home to Amsterdam and then who knows where I might go.

In Vegas I attended ''The Unbelievers'' event where I saw Richard Dawkins & Lawrence Krauss live which was amazing ! Like allot of people here I've watched countless debates from both of them and it was very uplifting to see them. I even got my book ''The God Delusion'' signed which gives it that little extra when reading it.

Since recently I have called myself an Atheist, normally I didn't really like to label myself with anything however I do think this suits me as a person. Before that I was agnostic if anything, religion hasn't done much for me or meant much to me. There are only some things I agree with like: Being kind, showing compassion, do a good deed here and there and I found out all this can be done without praying or believing in a higher entity and still feel good about yourself.

I mainly believe in myself or self-motivation, the goodness of mankind and the progress of science of course.

What I expect from this forum ? Some serious participation actually, this isn't my first Atheist based forum and so far others have been actually a little disappointing in the sense of; little to no participation, no serious discussions or debates and allot of registered users who just...don't bother. Where as I on the other hand am very willing to debate, discuss, argue and conversate about religion, atheism, science, the universe and life in general.

That was my intro, pleased to meet you :)
Napoleon Hill - Think & Grow Rich

stromboli

Welcome. We have people here from other countries, and it is a pretty good mix. Like any forum, it will speed up and slow down, so be patient. We do cover a wide variety of subjects, and have people on here with backgrounds in science and other fields. Enjoy.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

josephpalazzo

Just a reminder: we eat babies.

Welcome.

Solitary

:biggrin2: Welcome aboard the Ship of Fools Arellius!  We are all luls. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

aitm

if you lower your expectations maybe we can exceed them.

Welcome
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

Welcome! NYC is my neck of the woods... Although it's not really wooded over there... 

Enjoy your stay!

Sent via your mom

Arellius

stromboli,

Thank you.

Gawdzilla Sama,

good enough :)

aitm,

Haha, good one.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll do my best to make a good contribution here.

Island Breeze

Hey Arellius!  I just registered too, as you can see.

Welcome...  I think as good as this forum may be, we can make it better!!   :super:

Awww yeh

stromboli

Actually- to both of  you- this forum is one of the oldest. It was originally created by Reginald Finley, aka "Infidel Guy". We bought it from him over a year ago, but it's got a long history, and we're still going, so we got traction. And we've flamed a lot of theists along the way.

Arellius

Hi Island Breeze.

So far this forum looks solid :)

Mr.Obvious

Welkom Arellius, ik ben je zuiderbuur. Goed om hier nog iemand van min of meer onze contreien te zien. Ik vind het hier wel een leuk forum, hopelijk heb je het hier ook naar je zin.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.