Previous topic - Next topic

Naru

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Shiranu

Quote from: Johan on April 27, 2014, 02:50:09 PM

This is the price we pay for living in the sticks. And we get throttled back to near dial-up once we hit our data limit which happens sometime between the 5th and 10th of every month and lasts until the 15th when our plan rolls over into the next month's cycle. Such is life with satellite internet.

What really makes it more annoying is that Comcast is available to people who live about 3/10th of a mile from us but they won't bring the wire down our street.  :angry:

Use to have that problem in the country when we had (I think it was still) DirectTV's satellite internet, yet people two farms over could get cable from town.

Being restricted to satellite internet is something I wouldn't wish on my greatest of enemies.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jason78

Yet Johans speed is still faster than 54% of the US.   

What are the rest of them using?   Tin cans and string?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Johan

Quote from: Jason78 on April 28, 2014, 07:41:47 AM
Yet Johans speed is still faster than 54% of the US.   

What are the rest of them using?   Tin cans and string?
Believe it or not, the speed is more than enough for us. Honestly for 98% of the internet, any more speed than what we have is only useful for mine is bigger than yours style dick measuring contests. The thing that sucks about it is the 15GB/month data limit. Once we hit 15gigs we get throttled back to nothing for the rest of the cycle.

We actually have a 30GB/month account but that's split into two 15GB units. One during normal person hours and the other 15GB only comes into play between 2am and 8am. So for all practical purposes, we get 15gb a month to play with. So things like netflix and hulu are off limits for us. Even youtube will eat it up if we're not careful.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

PickelledEggs

15??? I did 15 in 2 days! On my phone!

Sent via your mom

Johan

15 is all you can get on satellite.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

PickelledEggs

Oh man. I didn't know that :(

Sent via your mom

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

wolf39us

Get a better connection on a cell phone! Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Berati

I have wifi on this system, but my TV is plugged straight into the router. I wonder if that would affect the results much. I have Netflix on my TV and never have any problems streaming movies even  when the kids are gaming on their computers.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

The Skeletal Atheist

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Naru

Quote from: Berati on April 29, 2014, 10:10:25 PM

I have wifi on this system, but my TV is plugged straight into the router. I wonder if that would affect the results much. I have Netflix on my TV and never have any problems streaming movies even  when the kids are gaming on their computers.

Your download speed is fast enough for netflix and gaming doesn't really take that much bandwidth.

PickelledEggs

I might be running an ethernet cable to my computer soon. Hopefully no more power outlet adapter! That thing sucks!

wolf39us

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 06, 2014, 07:33:19 PM
I might be running an ethernet cable to my computer soon. Hopefully no more power outlet adapter! That thing sucks!

I had one of those once... keyword *had*