News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Compare your Internet speed

Started by Naru, April 24, 2014, 07:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Just got this while streaming a HD movie on the Amazon Fire TV box I just got yesterday.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on May 06, 2014, 09:47:10 PM
Just got this while streaming a HD movie on the Amazon Fire TV box I just got yesterday.

How is that  amazon fire tv box? Is it just a Amazon Prime Video player? Or is it something different?

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 06, 2014, 10:06:53 PM
How is that  amazon fire tv box? Is it just a Amazon Prime Video player? Or is it something different?

I really like it so far, but I only got it hooked up last night so I haven't had a chance to really check it out yet. It has apps for most of the popular video streaming services, but I already had a prime account so that was a part of why I choose the Amazon device. Another big reason was it has a Toslink optical audio out port for hooking it up to my receiver. I didn't look at all the other options but most of them don't have the optical out.

Naru

just called comcast today and found out I can get a fiber line installed in my home and get 500Mbps down / 100Mbps up (for $400 a month).

Being rich would be nice.

PickelledEggs

re wired my internet to go  straight to the modem with an ethernet cable instead of using that shitty powerline adapter.

Awwwwww yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SGOS

The best I can get around here is DSL.  That costs over $70/month, and I'm still happy to have it.  My speed test was too crappy to post, unless I can get a prize for being the slowest.

Desdinova

"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

PopeyesPappy

Comcast just upgraded their 50meg service to 100meg around here.

I like it...

Mermaid

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on October 05, 2014, 12:51:42 PM
Comcast just upgraded their 50meg service to 100meg around here.

I like it...

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate you.

We ran out of internet on the 29th and we don't get our new allotment until the 14th. So this is our speed until then.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mermaid

I just noticed there's a grade at the bottom. F-.

That sounds about right.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

PopeyesPappy

That shit ought to be illegal. With that ping I'm guessing satellite service?

Mermaid

Yeah. Like Johan said, it is all we can get out here.

MagetheEntertainer

This is what having Charters cheapest plan looks like, lets just say it takes a long time to upload my You Tube Videos

MarineWarrior

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

-Carl Sagan

_Xenu_

Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home