News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

On-line file sharing

Started by aitm, April 23, 2014, 01:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Do any of you have or use an on-line file sharing site? I am looking for one that I can download our project specs and prints to and anybody can access it and download. Some of them have a maximum amount of people and some can get a little pricey. Just curious if any one has a current one or has any suggestions.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr_C

Is something like Google Drive sufficient?  Free storage, upload whatever, share with whomever.  I use it to share things sometimes.  I also use a free service called "Copy" to perform cloud backups of important folders on my laptop (similar to Google Drive), and you can share files from that as well. 

If you PM me your email address I can send you a Copy referral link and I get 5 GB extra for free, which is also a nice perk.  Right now I'm at 20 GB free storage with Copy and I have 15 GB free storage with Google Drive.
"Could God build a yacht so big even he could not fill it with bitches?"
-Stephen Colbert

aitm

Is it accessible to non-google email users?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

wolf39us

Yeah, use Copy.  I've used it in the past and it's pretty easy... The users don't need an account

Mr_C

Quote from: aitm on April 23, 2014, 07:48:24 PM
Is it accessible to non-google email users?
Yeah, both are accessible to anybody that you choose to share with. Usually you can just type in an email address and it will send a share notification to that email address.

If you have Microsoft office 360, you will also have a onedrive account where you can do the same, although this option takes some set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Could God build a yacht so big even he could not fill it with bitches?"
-Stephen Colbert

wolf39us

Holy crap I just realized who was posting!  Welcome back Mr_C!

aitm

Yes, its nice to see you again cutie pie.

Shol'va

aitm, it sounds to me like what you're looking to share is at the very least semi-serious. For that reason I'd probably avoid the type of cloud storage and sharing that doesn't even require a user account. You always have to consider the possibility of snooping eyes. If that's of no concern, then use anything to your heart's content. Otherwise, I'd say, look for something like Dropbox or Google Drive. That is not to say that there's guarantees, but at least these services are well established and secure.
Having a set user account also enables you to better control what is stored, shared, with whom, when, etc.

By the way, Google Drive just became insanely cheap. 100GB of storage is only $1.99 a month (used to be $5).
You get 15GB free, which should be plenty for what you need.

aitm

Mandingo

Better late than never:

MEGA: 50 GB of end-to-end encrypted cloud storage for FREE, outside of US jurisdiction and snooping!

https://mega.co.nz/

aitm